Eibach Lowering Springs...

427danderson

Reaction score
So I bought the springs, read up on how to do it, and got the tools.. and STILL having problems... The front are on and perfect... looks bad ass right now too :) BUT the rear (the one that requires removing the wheel and ONE bolt) is giving me the problem.. I can't seem to get the bolt that connects the control arm to the axle off... I got the nut off and tried to push it through with a clamp and got my self screwed for 3 hours trying to get the bolt reinstalled after I gave up... I have to get to work in the morning... lol

anyone every have the same problem??? or have any tips???

-thanks

blackpony

Reaction score
ive always just taken the bolt out of the shock mount and just pushed the axle down and swaped them...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Don't undo the control arm. Just put the jack under the pumpkin and undo both shocks at the bottom. Then let the axle down so it hangs by the upper control arms. Then you can jack up one side at a time (will let the opposite side spring all but fall right out) and will give you more than enough room to put the new spring in. Repeat for the other side, jack the axle back up, bolt the shocks back up and you're good to go. Sorry if that's not 100%, that's the best i can remember off the top of my head...

Edit: make sure the pig tails of the rear springs point to the drivers side on each side.

extreme_21

Reaction score
I never read up on how to install them, but I just installed sportlines on mine without a problem. For the rear i just supported the rear of the car with a jack(wheels still on ground) then removed the lower shock bolts..jacked up the rear of the the car till i maxed out the brake line at the top of the diff..then i used coil spring clamps to compress the springs a bit and they slid right out. Then to install the sportlines i didn't even need to compress them, just placed them in position and lowered the body till i could refit the lower bolts for the shocks. The rear took maybe about 45mins this way

OP
OP

427danderson

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I knew that there was an easier way... :violent1:
I'll get this done tomorrow night... it's the mother in law's bday today... no "playing with the car" tonight...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.