Suggestions for shocks

SN952NV

Reaction score
Guys,

I have a 96 Gt with FRP C springs and its time for my current shocks to go. They came on the car when I bought it and I put the springs on.. Whats a good set of shocks to go with these springs. Im not looking for anymore drop, and my car is a daily driver..... but I love to drive. Any recomendations on a affordable all round shock?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Anything budget will work. C springs are fairly soft, so you will not need a lot of shock valving capabilities. People seem to like Tokiko HP series. I had them on a different car, and they are not bad.

Wes8398

Reaction score
I can't give you specifics, but I know that a shock from a Fox Body will give you more travel which you could use with any lowering spring. I've seen many people that were happy with the inexpensive Tokico HP (Blue) shocks. I think that's what I'll choose if I have to change my shocks at any point. Tokico HP's for a Fox.

2kblacksleeper

Reaction score
What do you guy think about the Kybs? I need temperary rear shocks and i was looking to stay under $100.00 for the pair. I saw their Gas a just, and the next step up. The adjustable ones.

Any other oppinions?

Links would be good too. Thank you for your time.

JOhn

i_love_my_stang

Reaction score
can i see a pic of your car lowered with these springs cuz im thinking of getting that set as well

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I hear KYB stands for Keep your Benji. Im personally a fan of Bilstein and Koni.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Tokicos

I personally have bilstein struts and konis shocks, the car drives like a dream with almost 2.5" drop.

OP
OP
S

SN952NV

Reaction score
With the shocks I have now.. and C springs. I dont really want anymore drop... at all.. I scrape on just about everything as it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wes8398

Reaction score
I'll tell ya right now that you're wasting your money on the Bullitt shocks/struts unless you're getting 'em used for nice and cheap. That's what I'm using (off an '03 with 5,000 k on it, almost new condition) with my Eibach ProKit springs and the ride is NO better than it was when I had the original shocks/struts with the ProKit springs. No ride quality difference at all. Take my word. I'm not saying that they're not a quality product, but don't expect a nice, "stock-like" ride from 'em with a lowering spring. I'll stand by my first suggestion. For affordable quality that many have been happy with, do the Tokico Blue's for a Fox.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Dang SN thats looks deadly! I really hope my turns out that good too. It looks about as a low as my brothers GT/CS, which is good because his doesn't bottom out much at all. It gives a nice stance but, not so low that all ride quality is gone.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wes8398 said:
I'll tell ya right now that you're wasting your money on the Bullitt shocks/struts unless you're getting 'em used for nice and cheap. That's what I'm using (off an '03 with 5,000 k on it, almost new condition) with my Eibach ProKit springs and the ride is NO better than it was when I had the original shocks/struts with the ProKit springs. No ride quality difference at all. Take my word. I'm not saying that they're not a quality product, but don't expect a nice, "stock-like" ride from 'em with a lowering spring. I'll stand by my first suggestion. For affordable quality that many have been happy with, do the Tokico Blue's for a Fox.

Now that you say that, i bought my Bilstein struts off a Termy with 13k miles on it, not a dd.
For $115 shipped,they work like new.

OP
OP
S

SN952NV

Reaction score
Good stuff- It says in the noting on the Bullits that they are made by Tokico.. so your saying go with the regular HP's..for a fox body?

CanaryGT

Reaction score
They are made from Tokico. The Machs and bullits had them. But my friend just put on some HP Blues and I like em.

Wes8398

Reaction score
SN952NV said:
Good stuff- It says in the noting on the Bullits that they are made by Tokico.. so your saying go with the regular HP's..for a fox body?
Mine are the stockers off a Mach 1, not Bullitt, my mistake. Anyway, they should have a black and white Tokico sticker on 'em, and also a Tokico part number etched into 'em if they're the Mach or Bullitt OEM shocks. Regardless, yes, I would say just go with the Tokico HP "Blue" ones made to fit a Fox. From what I've heard, you'll be happy with 'em. And they're far from expensive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online