REPLICA R !! HELP WITH SPRINGS?

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
When i bought my car it had black eibach springs on it with isos in. now I'm pretty sure that it's the prokit. I dont remember exactly how the stance looked but I thought it needed to be lower. I had some ford C springs laying around and threw them on with no iso's and dead coil cut out of the rear springs. Now its not slammed looks decent. I feel like the ride quality has suffered big time over the year that I've had these springs on...everything rattles and if I drive over a crappy road or joint in a bridge the front end makes a loud BANG! Now I know nothing is broken installed wrong just the ride sucks but handles decent and bump steer is a big big problem. Which of the two, frpp C's or the prokit are better for handling, stance, ride quality, better for stock shocks/struts and no camber plates? please no recommendations for other springs, just opinions on the two sets at question. thanks guys

OP
OP
J

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
Re: need opinion on springs

replica R? anyone help?

Win

Legend
Reaction score

Sounds like your bottoming out on your bumpstops due to the cut springs. I am not sure which Springs are better so i will let someone else chime in.

OP
OP
J

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score

yea but the fronts aren't cut just the rears. I was told that the rears had a "dead" coil so I cut them. I'm assuming its because the C springs are fixed rate as apposed to the prokit springs that are progressive. Also the springs were cut just enough to make the car look completely level and being that our GT bumpers dont match the slope of the rear bumper it gives the appearance that the front is higher than the rear so I'm thinking that I might just swap out the rear springs for the prokits but dont know if it will have any negative effects.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score

IMO, Prokit is better,

are you running stock struts and shocks??
how did you get your car align?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Either one should ride pretty similar to each other. Pro-Kit might ride a little more like stock springs, because it starts off as a stock spring rate. It is possible that the poor ride quality is caused by lack of spring isolators, but I really doubt it. Maybe the shocks are blown?

OP
OP
J

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
yea i'm sure I need new shocks and struts(they are stock) which is most likely the problem. Was just thinking if put the prokits in the rear it might raise it a little, either that or put isos back in the rear. :dontknow: I aligned the car myself and with the c springs the caster was off maybe half of a degree(not too bad or noticeable) and camber was off a degree or so (negative) which I read in mm&ff compared to their "sport alignment article actually gave it a more sportier handling. Was recently laid off so dont want to change springs again and have to pay for an alignment lol. what people dont understand is that if alignment is off slightly but is set by the tech to be "off" on both sides it cancels each other out.. for example if caster is supposed to be .023 degrees but is .025 on one side just make it the same on the other and the human mind will never be able to register it only a computer will tell you its off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online