poly or rubber spring isolators?

RoadZOmbie

Reaction score
I'm doing a frpp b springs and strange adj. All around this weekend but was wondering if I should buy the poly or rubber isos. I'm trying to raise the car a little bit from the bbk prog 1.5 inch drop and want a bit smoother ride and comfort. The oem isolators are about 100 bucks and the polys are about 50 bucks. Which ones do u guys recommend?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Factory ones make spring installation much easier due to better elasticity of rubber. Other than that, there is no real difference. I've had both. I could not tell what was down there.

OP
OP
R

RoadZOmbie

Reaction score
so as far as ride quality it didnt change much? it didnt feel much more stiff and rough with the poly isolators?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
No difference. When you mount the springs, and then put another 3000 pounds of car on it, those thin isolators turn pretty flat.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd suggest the poly ones, the rubber ones just fall apart over time and you're out of your mind if you pay $100 for stock rubber spring isos.

BradleyJP

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
I'd suggest the poly ones, the rubber ones just fall apart over time and you're out of your mind if you pay $100 for stock rubber spring isos.

+1 more on that ridiculous price for rubber. You can buy a whole tire's worth of rubber for less than that. If the ride quality effects are truly that minimal, go with the polyurethane components.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.