alignment

blackpony

Reaction score
ok so ive lowered my car and installed hotchskis cc plates... went to get an alignment and with the camber pulled all the way out i still have a bunch of negative camber.... cant remember the amount but you can definately tell when looking from the front.... my question is is there any plates that will allow you to pull enough camber to get that straightened back up??? my tires are getting chewed up and cannot afford to buy new ones every 6 months....

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You probably installed the plates on wrong sides. Try swapping the camber adjustment plates from one side to the other, and see if that will help. A lowered car should not show any positive camber, at all.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
This would also be a damn good time to check on spec's others have aligned theirs to. MM has spec's shown on their website that they use. I'm sure there are others. Seems like for the street MM recommends 4.5* caster, -.5* camber and .5* toe-in.

GT

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
we need more info.

post your suspension mods.

OP
OP
B

blackpony

Reaction score
sorry fellas i ment negative camber... was thinking one thing but typed another... lol would changing to 4 bolt plates make any difference? i keep hearing about guys using them... right now the front suspension has a tubular k-member, hotchskis cc plates, off set rack bushings and factory springs with 1/2 coil cut... had sportline springs but WAAAAYYY too much negative camber so i pulled them out but want to get this figured out so i can put them back in...

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its weird, i have MM cc plates and sportlines no isos upfront i got -1.4, i could of got within specs which are -.06 but the car rides so smooth on -1.4 both sides.

Who did your aligment and are they familiar with cc plates?

ive been in a few shop here in the city that dont knwo what they are looking at. lol

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
You probably installed the plates on wrong sides. Try swapping the camber adjustment plates from one side to the other, and see if that will help. A lowered car should not show any positive camber, at all.

thats what happened to me... lol.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I suggest the 4 Bolt CC plates. But I had to cause I went coilovers.

OP
OP
B

blackpony

Reaction score
well before i went to the alignment shop i pulled it all the way out as far as it would and when they checked it it was still like -2.5 and it has a ton of bumpsteer... if you look at it from the front you can tell!!! ive only had my tires for about 6 months and gonna need new ones pretty soon... already wore the inside pretty badly...

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
it dont make sense at all.

imo

im glad i know the guy at the aligment shop and they let me do it myself.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i had a friend with a GSX and they just cut the springs... couldnt get the alignment at all... they just bought $100.00 tires every 6 months.. lol. new on back, old on front...

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Speaking of negative camber, as of lately, I've been running -2.1 degrees on both sides, and the tire is being worn pretty evenly. The only thing you have to set right at that point is toe. Mine is 1/16th inch in.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have -1.4 and it drives and handles awesome specially on the corners. :)

OP
OP
B

blackpony

Reaction score
dont get me wrong it handles fantastic as it is but its a dd and tires are expensive... just was wondering if any one had a similar problem and if maybe switching to 4 bolt cc plates would help out....

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if your car is lower than 1.5" drop you should have changed the CC plates anyways... i dono if yours is dropped or not... (sig looks dropped) id get the MM 4 bolts.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
The amount of bolts does not have anything to do with how much camber you can dial in. Don?t spend money you don?t have to, to fix the problem that?s not there. I still say that you installed the camber plates on the wrong sides. How much camber are you running? Where are the specs that you?ve promised?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my mistake, i forgot he already isntalled CC plates...

i had the EXACT same problem... the shop just switched the side that my plates were on.....

OP
OP
B

blackpony

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:

gonna try this and see what happens... dono how i could have gotten them backwards but hey s*** happens...

couldnt find the sheet from the alignment shop so ill try to flip the plates and see what happens then take it back to get some specs...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online