Ordering Caster camber plates for 98 !! HelppppHELP HELP HELP HELP

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Well i need to order my caster camber plates for my stang TODAY. they need to be here before friday so i can put them on.

Anyyways i bought them off Billed Depot and when i am checking out it asks me the spring rate.
Its got lots of different options like.

12-250 FrontFactory lowered car

14-175 Front Street/strip car

What its my spring ratio?

I HAVE INSTALLED BLUE TOKICO S/S AND UPR SPRINGS.

ANYBODY KNOWS?

THANK YOU . I NEED THIS BEFORE ORDERING.

:headbang:

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Crap, I didn't realize you would be so technical! I was hoping to post like a 'I got FRPP ones from Summit' or a 'Look @ Stang Suspension in the Sponsors listings'. You're asking for crap way smarter than I can think of!

I do know you can ask the Stang Suspension guys! They helped me with stuff! They are super-nice guys!

94greenhunter

Reaction score
i bought mine off of americanmuscle.com and did not have to specify what everything was

GDawg

Reaction score
Find out what your front spring rate for your UPRs are. H&R Supersports are pretty stiff, 700-760 in the front. My Maximum Motorsports (Caster Camber plates) never asked for the spring rate. I'd be a little suspicious of the place that's making your CC plates.

S351Saleen

Reaction score
I just bought Steeda 3 bolt for one of my cars that I'm putting on now. I didn't want to drill the 4th hole...just because.

The Steeda and others have a spherical bearing up top, this is what I wanted because it's stronger. It could be used with coilovers if you ever want to. The Hotchkis and others with a bushing up top are not recommended for coilovers because now all the weight is on the bushing. If you have stock springs it doesn't matter and you can run a bushing instead of a bearing. But why not get the bearing? They cost the same.

It shouldn't matter what the spring rate is? :dontknow:

ReplicaR

Reaction score
S351Saleen said:
The Hotchkis and others with a bushing up top are not recommended for coilovers because now all the weight is on the bushing.

Who are these "others" that you speak of?

S351Saleen

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
S351Saleen said:
The Hotchkis and others with a bushing up top are not recommended for coilovers because now all the weight is on the bushing.

Any plates with a bushing instead of a bearing. "Saleen" CC plates had them but they were made by Hotchkis I'm pretty sure. I don't remember what ones have bushings vs bearings, off the top of my head all I could remember was Hotchkis. :dontknow:

Maximum Motorsports are bearings and I have them also on one of my cars. Since it's a S351 I didn't want to drill holes in the shock tower.

Heres what I think are the best plates Griggs Racing, I don't have them but I have a full Griggs suspension on #77 just not the plates yet. See what they have to say about 4 bolt plates.
http://www.griggsracing.com/index.php?cPath=4332_4310_4348_2005_3085

Sean 96 GT

Reaction score
First off you should've went Maximum Motorsports hands down. Secondly it doesn't matter what your spring rate is.

GDawg

Reaction score
S351Saleen said:
ReplicaR said:
S351Saleen said:

Any plates with a bushing instead of a bearing. "Saleen" CC plates had them but they were made by Hotchkis I'm pretty sure. I don't remember what ones have bushings vs bearings, off the top of my head all I could remember was Hotchkis. :dontknow:

Maximum Motorsports are bearings and I have them also on one of my cars. Since it's a S351 I didn't want to drill holes in the shock tower.

Heres what I think are the best plates Griggs Racing, I don't have them but I have a full Griggs suspension on #77 just not the plates yet. See what they have to say about 4 bolt plates.
http://www.griggsracing.com/index.php?cPath=4332_4310_4348_2005_3085

Griggs and Maximum Motorsports are both excellent... but now it's a name calling, claim making issue.

I drilled... I bottom out... I rip into the Mustang universe... Car is still fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online