ABS LIGHT

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Ever since I installed my ET drag radials my abs light comes on. I have done a search on here and seen other members had the same problem. Why is this?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
If your ET streets are taller than your front wheels, then it's the difference in wheel rotation that's causing the ABS to trip. Install stock wheels and see if the warning light goes away. You may also need to unplug the battery for a while, but it should go away immediately.

You may have also damaged ABS sensor line while you installed the slicks. Check for that as well.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Strange issue. I wouldnt know as my ABS light is on perm. due to the fact we kind of cut the rear sensors off when doing the gears. I really don't want to replace them either, my braking has actually gotten BETTER with the system turned off...

OP
OP

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Thanks ReplicaR. Yes, my front tires are smaller than my DR's and that would make since for the ABS to come on. I did reinstalled my original tires back on (that matches the front tires) and the ABS light does not come on but once I install the bigger tires on the rear that is when the ABS comes back on. I will disconnect my battery so the module will reset it self. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online