i need coilovers for front and rear ware can i buy them

stroked97

Reaction score
ware can i go to buy coilovers for my stang i need them badly ?? any help

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Good stuff= Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Agent 47, QA1, Eibach, etc.

Okay stuff= UPR, EBay specials, the like.

atrainsgt

Reaction score
I'm not an engineer YET, but to me if the top road racers aren't using them there is a reason. M&M and Griggs cars do very well. Something I overlooked is that the OP didn't specify want he wants them for. When I hear coil overs *I* think road racing. Now for drag racing I don't think it matters. The coil overs aren't subjected to as much force, and not as much is asked of them. Most of them work fine for drag racing. A lot of people are even happy with UPR.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Need more info for the OP. If he is not planning on open track, Eibachs will do just fine. Also Agent47 does not make coilovers for strut type suspension.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Need more info for the OP. If he is not planning on open track, Eibachs will do just fine. Also Agent47 does not make coilovers for strut type suspension.

I didnt know that. maybe they havent added them to their lineup for a reason? Guess its time to call them and ask.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Since they make SLA for mustangs, they could really care less about Mcperson strut. Their SLA is a very good system, and I know a few people that run them, and have nothing but good things to say about the front grip. Even AIX champ Ernesto Roco switched over from Griggs to Agent47 this year.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
yup, SLA is the cats meow, the kings sh#t, etc. I love the SLA and the way it is designed, but it isnt cost effective for a fun track toy like mine right now. Besides, MM and Griggs both carry strut parts, but I guess its because they started with the strut systems and went SLA.

I didnt know Roco switched over!!! hes been with Griggs for years.

Jetsetter

Reaction score
atrainsgt said:
I'm not an engineer YET, but to me if the top road racers aren't using them there is a reason. M&M and Griggs cars do very well. Something I overlooked is that the OP didn't specify want he wants them for. When I hear coil overs *I* think road racing. Now for drag racing I don't think it matters. The coil overs aren't subjected to as much force, and not as much is asked of them. Most of them work fine for drag racing. A lot of people are even happy with UPR.

Because Eibach started producing the kit only a few months ago? They're a trusted brand that make good quality pieces, and I'm very happy with my Eibach kit barring the use of an adjustable spring on the rear instead of a true coilover.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I like my MM Coilovers. It made a HUGE ride quality difference.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The expensive part is the strut.
MM coilovers are well made, hardened and annodized aluminum, SEALED seat for the bearing, and uses hypercoil springs.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/
top tab - click online parts / front suspension / coil overs

Better price here:
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=121

They used to be a forum sponsor, so you should ask if they still offer a forum discuout. they usually will.

You should also check with MM - call and ask they what spring rate you want on your car.
it varies depending on the rear setup and how aggressive you want to go.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
I run 350# specific rate springs in the front and 200# specific rate in the back on Koni yellows and they treat me pretty well. corners like crazy too!!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice, I think i'm just a bit stiffer.

Where did you get them?

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Griggs Racing, they came with the kit. The MM kits may be a bit different though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online