sway bar

95cvgt

Reaction score
well i was taking off my sway bar when i had to take my water pump off(11daysago) and i got the passenger side of ok, then one of the bolt(that go into the frame, not the sway bar ends, and started the fourth one. it started off pretty firm and loosened up a bit, then got REAL tight. now the smart person would have definitely stopped and checked some things first but it was a long day and i was tired so i said F it and kept on trying to get it off. sure enough, something has to go wrong. i guess ive been eating too much spinach beacuse i snapped the weld the hold the nut inside the frame!! i was like wtf! i havent tried to get another bolt in there, even though it is practically impossible because it has to go inside the frame. so i just put everything back together and left that hole without a bolt(very stupid i kno) well after the next couple days the bracket had been been and the bushing slid out so if i hit a hard enough bump the sway bar would hit the bracket.

so my question is, how bad would it be to run without a swar bar? i kno its going to be worse then now, but i dont want to damage anything else until i find a resolution. i expect the front end to be more loose and unstable but i think i kno how to hold onto the wheel. haha

any suggestions?

OP
OP

95cvgt

Reaction score
come on guys, i just need a real quick answer. somebody should kno

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Removing front bar will give your car more oversteer, but it will it feeling sloppy, unless you have really high spring rates.

OP
OP

95cvgt

Reaction score
i can handle it feeling sloppy for now, i just dont want to end up breaking anything or having the sway bar get bent so ill probably just take it off until i find the solution.

thanks for the help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online