help (wheels)

dutch

Reaction score
ok, I'm desperate.. I need some advice on wheels.

I'm sick and tired of the skinny tire/high offset look. My current wheels are 18x8.5 with 215 series in the front and 18x10 with 255 series in the back and the offset is 30mm. (8mm more then for instance saleens of the same size) so they are kinda inwards too much by 8mm. That + the skinny ass tires is making it look weird.

I want silver saleen 18x9 + 18x10 with some proper meat, but I can't afford to fly in another set of wheels again for a while probably (did that with the bullitts for the probe, costs a lot of money and time)

So I was thinking, since these current wheels are a good size and width.. Why not slap some spacers on to correct the offset problem? At the same time, move the rear 255's to the front, and buy some 285s or something for the back.

That way the car gets a normal mean stance back with proper tires and offset, and it only costs my a set of spacers ($200) and new rear tires.

Thing is.. I'm not sure if I like the wheels. Some day I do, the next day I don't.

What would you do? keep saving for god knows how long and buy saleens and new tires? or do the spacers + new rear tires trick? Do you like the way these wheels look?

some pics to help you decide and show you the extend of my problem:

Afbeelding003-2.jpg

some old pics that show the wheel problems:

Afbeelding024-1.jpg

Afbeelding061-1.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
What size spacers are you going to go with? 1/2"? they should only be like $100

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I like the wheels there different. I can see though how sometimes you like them and sometimes you don't. If you keep them i would take the 255 and throw them up front. Throw some 305 or a 315's on the rear.

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
I would just get a set of spacers for the rear tires for now, until you save and get the saleens you want.

ram360

Reaction score
space them out a little and throw a 315 tire on the rear. I think the wheels look great on your car.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Buy the spacers now. Save up for Saleens, that will look great on it!! I have to have all my tires the same size so I can rotate! I don't quite have the $ for like you will do.

OP
OP
D

dutch

Reaction score
I was thinking the 1/2" spacer set from newtakeoff (good experience with them). 4 x 1/2" hubcentric spacers and 20 longer studs for $199.. anyone know a better price for hubcentric with studs, letme know.

I think I'm just gonna bring these wheels out then, see if they grow on me when they have some bigger meat and better offset.. :)

OP
OP
D

dutch

Reaction score
thanks dude, that gives me better options. The ones from newtakeoff are $150 on ebay for 4 x 1/2" and longer studs, 1/2" might be a little big for the front.

1/2" ($75) + studs ($25) + 1/8" ($30) = $130 total from stangsuspension. And I'll be able to bring the front out less.
I'm gonna give them a shout about shipping

thanks!

OP
OP
D

dutch

Reaction score
great, they don't ship internationally.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
You shouldnt need a spacer for the front...once you get fatter tires up there, they will look much better.

As for the back, you should get hubcentric spacers, with the studs that are attatched to the spacer. They are a safer and more effective way to put spacers on ur car...that way you don't have excess stress on the studs. Here is an example picture:

HubcentricAdapter1_Lg.jpg

I think a 1/2" spacer with some fat tires would definitely bring ur wheels out flush with the fenders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online