Need help choosing control arms

97blackgt

Reaction score
I need help choosing some control arms. I use the car as a daily driver in the summer, and will be starting to bring it to the drag strip more. I need a good combination to hook up and lower my 60 ft. times.

My car is lowered with H and R springs, so i dont know if i need adjustable or standard length lowers? Also will uppers have any affect on traction? Also I read that lowered cars need to the relocation brackets? I dont know anything about suspension so I need some pointers.

THanks

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I run Steeda aluminum lowers with Steeda adjustable uppers and a welded torque box kit. Obviously I need sticky tires with a setup like mine, but they do the job for me. Keep in mind I am also putting out 400/400 through 4.10 gear and 3600 stall

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
do i really need the adjustables or can i just get the fixed length ones?

Also will it drop my 60 foot times a good chunk?

LI98GT

Reaction score
For my budget, I just ordered Steeda LCAs (non-adjustable), so I don't have any definative answers for you as of yet. With Stock UCAs and LCAs and stock DRs, my best 60' was a 2.0 and with DRs, my best 60' was a 1.9. I'm hoping to get that down to 1.8 or so with these. All I could tell between the adjustable and nons were that the adjustables let you adjust the ride height, which for my purposes didn't need.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
These are mine they are made by HPM, they are out of business but now Ford Racing sells them as thier own. I love them. they have 2 adjustment spots on the relocation brakcet 1 for 85% over traction and 1 for 135% traction over stock. I love them and a pretty easy install i did mine as well as a set on my buddys 03 kenne bell cobra

397-M-5649-H1.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online