What shocks/ struts and caster camber plates?

95gtdrop

Reaction score
I just ordered a pro kit spring set for my 95 vert. What shock strut combo is everyone using with good sucess? Also what brand makes the best caster/camber plates ?
Thanks

ReplicaR

Reaction score
What do you want to do with the car, realistically?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^+1

i suggest MM caster camber plates for all applications... but shocks/struts change based on your performance, racing style (drag/auto x,) and even your motor. I was reading an article today and the weight of a smaller motor with a top-mount blower brings amazing competition at the auto x courses... with the weight loss off the front of the car, a different setup is required (just using that as an example. lol)

anyways, the best all-around drag/street shock is a set of bilstiens (sp?) that MM sells. tehy are $700.00 for a set of 4 (shocks and struts package.) I do not believe that kit comes with quad shocks.

OP
OP

95gtdrop

Reaction score
It is 90% a daily driver. But I do want to take it to the track a couple times this year. I have 355 gears going in soon . My motor is mostly stock with a couple bolt ons. And new upper lower intake going on soon.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Rear shocks don't work off 03-04, because it's independent rear suspension.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
What kind of track were you talking about? Drag racing? If so, just get KYB AGX or Tokico HP Series. They will do just fine. For road racing you might wanna consider something a little more serious.

OP
OP

95gtdrop

Reaction score
I was talking about the drag strip maybe a couple times per year.
So you think the AGX will do fine for me?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
95gtdrop said:
I was talking about the drag strip maybe a couple times per year.
So you think the AGX will do fine for me?

You will love AGX. They don't bounce around on the street, and will allow the car to squat quickly enough to get good traction.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with Maximum Motorsports. I think they are priced well, and are very good pieces. I've had mine for about 2 years now, and have not had any problems.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Can't go wrong with Maximum Motorsports. I think they are priced well, and are very good pieces. I've had mine for about 2 years now, and have not had any problems.

+1 very high quality, very well built.

remember, measure twice cut once... we had to drill twice into my passenger side to do it properly because of mis-alignment on the measurments.

OP
OP

95gtdrop

Reaction score
Should I keep the quad shocks on or take em off? Were is the best/ cheapest place to buy the agx and mm cc plates?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
stangsuspension aint too shabby, if you ask me...

and i got acdelco quad shocks off rockauto.com

i kept my quad shocks... the way i see it: they can only help. once you get to a wider tire, or upgrade your control arms, you can let them go... but with stock (or near stock) wheels and stock control arms... keep them on there... it costs $25.00 for ACDelcos.... you can always get "perfroamnce" once, that im SURE are better than the generic kind, but they runn $100.00... pfffffft....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online