New spring questions

imthefin

Reaction score
I'm looking to lower my 95 Cobra. First question - Is there any difference between a regular GT spring and a Cobra spring. Some sets that I was looking at don't specify but some do. Second question is I have been leaning towards the Eibach sportlines but saw some springs on CJponyparts.com with about the same drop (eibachs were 2" front, 1.8" rear and the CJ springs were 2" front and back) has anybody heard how good the CJ spings are? They are about $30 cheaper. Any info would help. I won't be ordering there until the car comes back from the body shop with frest paint.

sbr420a

Reaction score
i was running the eibach pro kit. decent drop. now i am useing a steeda spring i absolutely love it.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i suggest spending the extra $30.00 for the name brand kit. it will be easier to find the specs/stats for them and what not when you want to do shocks/struts.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
as far as stock springs go the GT and Cobra springs were different, but as far as aftermarket springs go they are interchangeable.

fivepointnine

Reaction score
Eibach is a name you can always trust...don't they actually make some of the aftermarket springs?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
fivepointnine said:
Eibach is a name you can always trust...don't they actually make some of the aftermarket springs?

Eibach makes most of the springs in the Market just because the spring machine is such a expensive piece of equipment.

wytstang

Reaction score
For the record CJpony parts spring are eibach springs. CJ has confirmed this on stangnet (they are a sponsor there) and they are the same 100%. Only difference is the name that you pay extra for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online