Calipers

95DarkGreenGTS

Reaction score
Hey so today I was talking with a man and he said that you can take the double piston calipers off a 99-04 stanf and grind a little piece off and they would fit on our stangs. and get rid of the old single piston calipers. This is interesting I believe I am going to do it. anyone else hear tell of this

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Yep. Thats what I did. Just got some PowerSlot Rotors, some Good SS lines and EBC YellowStuff. My car stops WAY better.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I put them on my cobra so I could still have good stopping power, whie also being able to fit a 15" drag wheel in front without using a 1/2" spacer

ReplicaR

Reaction score
This was my initial brake upgrade. The only thing you have to do is grind off some of the spindle to clear the pistons on the new caliper. Honestly, there is no real difference between stock and double piston ones. The pad area is not any bigger. The advantages are that aluminum calipers are 8 pounds a side lighter than stock cast iron calipers. Also theoretically, aluminum will dissipate heat quicker than cast iron, so in repeat stop situations (such as road racing, or autoX perhaps), they will work better.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just get Cobra Brakes....They stop damn good

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
You should show me how good they stop in person.

http://www.protrackracing.com/

Seriously, come and register. I'll be there both days, hopefully.

Funny how you mention this because i was at at Auto-X today lol

I am SO down. Money has been tight lately...especially since i have spent the last 8 months traveling the country playing drums lol.

I have $200 set aside for a track day. I wanna hit up big willow. This tuesday i am going to pick up another set of 03 Cobra wheels and i want to find some Serious tires to throw on them and get some Extra grip. I think with dedicated track tires i will enjoy it more.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
ReplicaR said:
You should show me how good they stop in person.

http://www.protrackracing.com/

Seriously, come and register. I'll be there both days, hopefully.

Funny how you mention this because i was at at Auto-X today lol

I am SO down. Money has been tight lately...especially since i have spent the last 8 months traveling the country playing drums lol.

I have $200 set aside for a track day. I wanna hit up big willow. This tuesday i am going to pick up another set of 03 Cobra wheels and i want to find some Serious tires to throw on them and get some Extra grip. I think with dedicated track tires i will enjoy it more.

With a dedicated track car you would probably enjoy it alot more.

You should strip your interior...lol

ReplicaR

Reaction score
At 120 dollars, they is no better deal to run Big Willow. If you have never ran it, sign up for beginners.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online