Camber Bolt Question

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a question about camber bolts and weather they play well with our cars...

I am lowered on H&R SS springs and KYB AGX stuts...

:::Stock C C Plates are maxed out obviously:::

After an alignment my car is approximately(camber) -1.5 deg. on the left and -1.2 deg. on the right.

The alignment guy said that a camber bolt kit might help...

Now I know that I should just go out an by the MM CC plates, but I am pretty short on chash and might be selling the car soon.

So would the camber bolts work to give me that .5 of a degree that I need to bring the camber back into spec?

Thanks for the help in advance.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd just leave it especially if you're gonna sell it. Camber bolts are like the cheap way out and i'm not a fan of that, besides your camber isn't that bad and your tire wear will be fine as long as your toe is set well.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
They do help, they work well but, they will be worn overtime.
Oh i used mine for almost 2 years.

do the car pulls towards either side?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
i have a camber bolt in my car on the right side and im fine with it 25 bucks and its gooooo to go

OP
OP
greenscobie86

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks for the replies fellas.

If I was keeping the car I would obviously get some cc plates but I just need a quick solution.

The car doesn't pull to either side and the toe is dead on(I replaced both tie rods from my other car.)
There is some bump steer/tram lining, but thats to be expected with such a low drop.

The bolts are super cheap so I figured I'll just pick up a set and align it dead on the nuts haha.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the car isn't pulling to either side and the steering wheel is straight, ill leave it as is.

I've been driving my car with 1.4 on both sides and tires haven't show any uneven wear for the last 3 months.

But that's me. Is up to you. Lol :)

Scarface

Reaction score
is isnt pulling because there is equal neg camber on both sides....doesnt mean its not gonna eat up tires prematuraly. I would spend the 30 bux and get the bolts, that way the new owner doesnt get a big surprise when his tires are shot on the edges.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
unless camber is way off caster is useually what will cause a pull most of the time, unless the toe is way off. caster is your pulling effect most of the time

OP
OP
greenscobie86

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Cool beans guys. Thanks.

The deep dish bullitts I have on the car now are most likely going to be kept for my next mustang, so I guess I'm kinda thinking of myself too and not only the new owner haha... So Its in my every interest to try and keep those front tires in the best shape possible.(They're already kinda worn at the inner edges from driving around unaligned for about 8k miles.)

I might as well just get the bolts... They are so cheap.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
-1.2 and -1.5 is fine for a performance streetcar. I wouldn't bother changing it. I set my streetcars up at around -1.3 on both sides.

OP
OP
greenscobie86

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Paul said:
-1.2 and -1.5 is fine for a performance streetcar. I wouldn't bother changing it. I set my streetcars up at around -1.3 on both sides.

Oh. In that case you guys just saved me some money... Sweet.

Thank you!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:

exactly, as long as the toe is straight it's not going to chew through tires.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
dont forget caster, if its off too large of a difference between left and right the vehicle will pull then causing the tires to wear poorly, i know its not relavent just thought id add that for ppl who were unsure of the effects of caster

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online