96 cobra brakes to 95 gt

1bad95

Reaction score
I have read a ton of posts and i get myself lost on this brake swap. my buddy has a 96 cobra he may be parting and i am gonna try and get the front cobra brakes from him. what all do i need off of his car to do the swap, and also what else do i need to go get from the parts store for the swap. Starting to realize how much the stock brakes suck and i def want to upgrade

thanks fellas

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
one of the best mods you will ever do...
You will need:
(2) 13" cobra front rotors
(2) cobra calipers
(2) cobra caliper anchors - the part that holds the caliper to the spindle
(2) front cobra brake lines- referred to as "soft" lines
(1) set of cobra brake pads- (4 pads total)
And grab some fresh DOT4 brake fluid from a local parts store, as you will loose some when you disconnect the front
brake lines. It would also be a good idea to bleed all 4 wheels brakes while you're there.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
good deam man!One more question. so if i get the caliper and the bracket the caliper bolts to, im guessing the "anchor" it will all bolt onto my factory holes on the spindle? just making sure on this before i tackle it.

Thanks again definitely cleared it all up for me!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Everything will bolt up, but make sure that you buy a right master cylinder, otherwise you will get a very hard brake pedal, and brakes that stop worse than stock ones did. Check another thread in this forum, I already replied to a guy who is having a similar problem. I went through all of this when I did mine. Here is a link

http://sn95forums.com/index.php/topic,38544.0.html

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
awesome man thanks so much for the link and info! very glad you posted that so i didnt get it all done and have the same problem

thorco3

Reaction score
I'm still running my stock master cylinder on my 95 with no problems. Pedal feels the same as my 98. I did read a couple tech articles and what not that suggested replacing it though, so if you have access to one why not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online