NT05

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Got my fronts in and on. They are nice. Sticky as hell. Rears will be in about 2 weeks....

315 will look better for a picture.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get ready for some understeer with the 315s in the back.

usmc1775

Reaction score
Lets see a pic of these new meats.. Im picking up a set Tuesday

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I dont care cause it looks like sex.

I thats true then why not buy sumitomos? (No i DO NOT Condone Buying Sumi-crapos)

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Cause the nittos look cool. and I love the way they ride. 315's will be bought next paycheck.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
some of us need 315's for the rear.... my 295's spin at 90mph with an auto trans

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Cause the nittos look cool. and I love the way they ride. 315's will be bought next paycheck.

technically The sumitomos ride better because of the softer sidewall.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
El_Diablo said:
some of us need 315's for the rear.... my 295's spin at 90mph with an auto trans

Get stickier tire, or learn how to apply throttle smoother.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
El_Diablo said:

Get stickier tire, or learn how to apply throttle smoother.

Lol.... Thats true.

Oh and Handz I dont care. I like the way they look. And so far the wet performance on them way out do the 555's I had so Im a happy person.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
CanaryGT said:
I dont care cause it looks like sex.

I thats true then why not buy sumitomos? (No i DO NOT Condone Buying Sumi-crapos)

I never had undertsteer with 335s out back....but I did have 275s up front and they were michelin PS2 which seemed to hold the road pretty damn well.

The goodyear eagle f1 setup I have now will understeer.

It has a lot to do with the tires your running up front I would say

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I never had undertsteer with 335s out back....but I did have 275s up front and they were michelin PS2 which seemed to hold the road pretty damn well.

The goodyear eagle f1 setup I have now will understeer.

It has a lot to do with the tires your running up front I would say

Thats maybe what you think but i can argue different.

Wider tires in the rear compared to the front will induce understeer. Because the rear has more grip with the wider tire how do you think the front will respond with a small tire? If all the tires are all the same compound on all 4, then the front will understeer will smaller tire.

Most people on this forum dont consider this when choosing tires because they want the "Look".

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Stock Mustangs (like most cars) understeer like crazy anyway, and you have to learn to drive it. So who cares?

Not like it frikkin' matters - if you're driving a car so hard on the street that you're experiencing that much understeer, you should go to jail for reckless driving.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i was thinking the same. im not sure if Canary road races his car or not, but on the street, i can't imagine understeer being a prime concern when choosing a tire setup for a street car.

i think if you experience an amount of understeer on the street to make it affect your tire choice, you should go to jail, just like paul said because you are obviously driving recklessly.

Reaction score
you also gotta think about the fact ACTUAL racer cars, normally run a greater size tire in the rear(i.e. P1 class and GT1 class race cars at LeMans) due to the need for rear grip. sometimes understeer is nessecary when trying to get out of a corner.

anyways, how is the pricing on these tires?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
you also gotta think about the fact ACTUAL racer cars, normally run a greater size tire in the rear(i.e. P1 class and GT1 class race cars at LeMans) due to the need for rear grip. sometimes understeer is nessecary when trying to get out of a corner.

anyways, how is the pricing on these tires?

...Any what sizes do they run in the Front? Just the rear size alone doesnt matter....its the size ratio of front and rear tires.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet Canery. I've been wondering about those. they're supposed be super quiet, and perform great.
I've seen mixed reviews, soft sidewall complaints. not sure if it's new batch or dumb asses who cant fill the tire all the way.

I'll be watching for ur pix.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Well paycheck is this friday so im just waiting. And so far I love em. They are actually really quiet and have really good performance. I like how they look and how sticky they are :tongue3:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online