which tires!

95DarkGreenGTS

Reaction score
Hey like it says I will need tires soon and was wondering which tires should I get? I have 03 gt buillit rims on it, the (245 45 17) I dont really car about supper grip tires and all that. I want a good tire for good price, that will last for a little.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been pretty pleased with my BFGoodrich gSports. They're not too terribly expensive and hold up pretty well. Or at least my fronts have. haha

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have yokohoohomos 520s.

they have a lot of road noise from outside (like if my window is down) but i cant hear them from inside. they perform pretty well in the snow.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
i got the hankook ventus sport from discount tire for 80 shipped each for a 255/45zr/17 and i love them.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I only buy BFG's for mine. I had bought 2 KDW Trad Treads. I will buy the New Tread next. They are like $990 for the 4, though.

I had a blowout on the 1st set. All they had in stock to replace it was a Sport tire.

GDawg

Reaction score
95gtdrop said:
kumho sp35 i just got em. they look good and grip well
700 installed

Kumho tires aren't too bad for their very low price.

I have Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s. They are very nice for dry weather but no snow at all. They are also pretty expensive.

dutch

Reaction score
x2 on the eagle F1 GS/D3's! Very good all round tire, and good bang for the buck I think.

Crone

Reaction score
I have the kuhmos that come factory on my gt buillits, and I dont know if anyone else has noticed but, it shoots the car to the side easily, kind of randomly. My dad has a 03gt that does the same thing. When I put my factory 16's on it doesn't do it. Just something to keep in mind depending on which kuhmo you go for, if that's what you decide.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Price per performance, Kumho is absolutely unbeatable. I've had SPT in the same size, and they were really good. For street driving, they will do excellent. They deliver very good cold and warm traction, they are good in rain, and they are also quiet.

95gtdrop

Reaction score
My sps are quiet and they have a cool tread pattern. So far I like the grip they put down .

SableGT

Reaction score
I have the Sumitomos from American Muscle. I am happy with them so far. I only have a few hundred miles on them. Had good traction in heavy rain and no hydroplaning. That is normally how I measure a good tire because it really sucks when your mustang glides across the water.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I currently have Sumitomo HTR ZIII. I'm not a big fan honestly. They overheat very quickly, sidewall stiffness is whatever at best, and they suck in rain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online