SQUEEKY!!!

SPF0percent

Reaction score
hey guys Ive been a member for a bit but haven't had my car for a while since Ive been going threw lots of training fr the marine corps...anyway my front Supension. is squeaking TERRIABLBY! it does it with everything turns especially...its been in the garage for a yr just sitting their pretty much and i know the shocks an struts r blown and iam replacing those with a 2" drop this comming weekend..is that the proab if ur shocks n struts r blown will it just squeak horribly? or do i also need to just red the front suspension as in new tie rods and control arms and ball joints? i crawled under their and it sounds like its coming from the tie rods but...the struts r right above hat...idk mabey the suspension just needs some lube???

Scarface

Reaction score
sounds like your bushings dried out while sitting. I would lube up all the joints that could have friction and see how it goes.

OP
OP
S

SPF0percent

Reaction score
ya iam throwing thoes shocks and struts on their and when i do iam going to wd40 the shit out of everything down their like 5 cans of it! iam pretty shure our cars dont have grease zerts but iam shure going to lube everything up and if that dosent fix it then iam going to replace everything

Crone

Reaction score
Tie rod ends!!!!!! Mine squeked horribly from just the slightest movement, replaced them and it was gone, worse comes to worse it was only 40 dollars and you won't have to replace them for a while :dontknow:

OP
OP
S

SPF0percent

Reaction score
thats what i think it is also tie rods i have a set on my favs if nstalling new shocks, struts and springs (2in drop with KYB g2 gas shocks and struts AND a shit load of wd40 doesent fix the noice then i iwll know its the tie rods ...are putting in tie rod ends ...difficult or should i brng it to a shop for that?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i wouldnt use wd-40, its too thin. you need some general purpose grease for joints and bushings. also note using the wrong lubrication deteriorates bushings/rubber as well.

riored96gt

Reaction score
xploder17s said:
i wouldnt use wd-40, its too thin. you need some general purpose grease for joints and bushings. also note using the wrong lubrication deteriorates bushings/rubber as well.

It was kinda a joke...fixing the problem is the correct thing to do.
But read the can...WD is good for rubber.
..and almost anything else...

knightrider

Reaction score
My car also squeeked and couldnt figure out why,About a month later my ball joint failed and left my wheel sideways and bent the fender.I fixed the ball joint and didnt squeek anymore

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010