do i need steeda x2 ball jointsi am

95gtdrop

Reaction score
i am putting koni adjustables, maximum motorsports cc plates, and eibach pro springs. i will be putting on mm lower control arms.
will i need the x2 ball joints? i already have eibach front sway bar

Mustanger

Reaction score
Not unless your ball joints are worn out already...I have most of that stuff on mine... minus the LC arms...& still have the original ball joints...no problems.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
just leave what evers on there unless youre having problems.

the geometry of your car has been tuned to a perform a certain way. Changing that can be hazardous (sp?)

the steeda ball joints are for lowered cars, but the way they work is to raise the car... yea... kinda retarded, huh?

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
just leave what evers on there unless youre having problems.

the geometry of your car has been tuned to a perform a certain way. Changing that can be hazardous (sp?)

the steeda ball joints are for lowered cars, but the way they work is to raise the car... yea... kinda retarded, huh?

I don't know if it's so much trying to raise the car as much as it is trying to keep the front LCA's (on a 2"+ dropped car) as parallel to the ground as possible. Helps the "Bumpsteer" syndrome as well.

But your right MustangChris, When it comes to good handling, correct suspension geometry is everything!

GT

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure X2 ball joints don't raise the car... they come with a spring spacer which can be left out for a slight drop.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cant beat MM, but I think interms of SFC's get what ever you can get a deal on as long as they are the square tubing and full size.

Im thinking about SFCs but im worried about bottoming out even more then I already do, but I guess they wont hang any lower then my exhaust?

wytstang

Reaction score
My steeda sfc are pretty much parallel w/my mid pipe or slightly lower.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Unless you have coilovers, ball joints don't raise anything. The ride height is dictated by the spring, not the shock, which the spindle and coincidentally ball joint are attached to. To me X2s are band-aid solution to a roll center problem. The front end becomes too low with certain springs, so you use the taller ball joints in conjunction with springs spacer to even the control arm out a little bit. Problem is that it only gives you half an inch, while MM k-member would offer from 1-2 inches range.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online