New Tire Question

whty98

Reaction score
I've got a set a 17X9 rims and need to know if a set of 315 Nitto drags would be a smart choice or should I stick with 275's? I want to hit the strip but it's also street driven alot. Would I need spacers? They're going on OEM 03 cobras

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
315's have been put on 9 inch wide wheels before, however, the tire buldges over the rim, and therefore you wouldn't be using the
full contact patch of that wide of a tire. 275/40 would be a good match for a 9 inch wide wheel, plus you don't have to worry
about any clearance issues out back. Although the Nitto drag radials wore very quickly for me when i had them (same size on
95 style cobra r's) here they are on Discounttire: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=40135&tmn=NT+555R+Drag+Radial&typ=Competition

And i suppose i will be the one mounting these tires?? haha Why are you buying rims anyway, i thought you were trying to get
your 4 valve swap together?

OP
OP
W

whty98

Reaction score
haha Matt you might just be right. How do you the BFG KDW's?? Compared to the Nitto's?

I actually have had the rims for a month but just haven't put them on yet, the rears have bald tires. I've been debating selling them and just getting deep dish rears for the current rims in have, who knows. I need to put them on to see how much I like the chrome.

The swap is going to happen eventually, its summer and too much crap to do, parties and family. I have everything except the flywheel done so it's ready to GO!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online