Coilover Conversion

FEAST SN95 JPN

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Short time member here. Ran an SN95 when I joined and the car has since been let go. In replacement I stepped back into a FOX body. Its a rare breed over here and happy to know I found a very very low mileage car which needed some attention. Been sitting for a few and all.

Anyhow, last week I took the car out for its maiden spin. Ran great save for the brakes and suspension. For brakes ill attempt the 5 lug swap. 6 bangers are easy to find for cheap, parts included.

For suspension, I figure its best to ditch the weezy coil and shock set up and go full out coil overs. So last Sunday I test fitted a set of front coilover dampers. They bolted right in and only needed newer bolts + some small shims for the knuckle mount. The mock up dampers are very short on the top end so what ill be doing is installing another type. This new type will have a fully threaded damper cartridge along with a height adjustable base mount. That settles the damper I guess.

But for the spring, im a little worried about what to run. So asking if anyone is running coilovers, whether for drag or for tracking, what is the spring rate being used?

Thanks for any help on this last bit of suspension work.

Adam

IMGP6585.jpg

IMGP6592.jpg

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Everything is about balance my friend. You can not talk about front suspension with out mentioning what's in the back, and what the final goal. Me for example, I use Maximum Motorsports Coil Over conversion kit on my Koni strut. Since I road race, I had to keep the spring rates balanced between front and rear, so considering I'm running a H&R Super Race spring in the back, front had to be similar to that, so I've got a 275 pound spring.

Now... what is your rear setup, and what is your goal?

ram360

Reaction score
I use 175# w/ mine. Handles good but everyone tells me the ride quality sucks. I never really notice.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Shock has a lot to do with ride quality as well.

ram360

Reaction score
I use Tokico Blue Shocks. I'll sacrifice some ride quality for some good handling anyday.

OP
OP
F

FEAST SN95 JPN

Reaction score
The front coilover over dampers will be a type called Kei Office. They are made in Holland and assembled in Japan. This type is discontinued with the new replacement being named DG5. Really high end stuff.

Here is example model with the threaded cartridges. Again these are front cartridges and to short. Actual to be used will be longer and fully threaded.

IMGP5883.jpg

The rear is going to be coil over too once some mocking time is available.

As for the car, its being street driven only. Fox is a convertible. In the end I just want to know what spring rate would be safe to run. The dampers will be high enough quality to hold there own.

And yes I understand this whole conversion is a little sick for a street car. FOX deserves modern suspension.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online