Cobra A Arms

pilks

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase Cobra A Arms
Problem is, I'm dumb and have no idea what they are or what they do

are they the lower control arms? i've done a bit of research and it seems they help the turning radius for a 94-98 stang?
Are cobra convertible control arms different from coupe ones?

If I do go ahead and buy them, what else should I look for, do they use any special kinds of nuts or bolts etc

Thanks all

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
pilks said:
I have an opportunity to purchase Cobra A Arms
Problem is, I'm dumb and have no idea what they are or what they do

They increase the turning ratio

are they the lower control arms? i've done a bit of research and it seems they help the turning radius for a 94-98 stang?
Are cobra convertible control arms different from coupe ones?

A-arms=front arms

If I do go ahead and buy them, what else should I look for, do they use any special kinds of nuts or bolts etc

Thanks all

Make sure the ball joint is good, or youll have to replace it, they are a bolt on part, no special tool,buts needed to install.

BTW I highly suggest you to read the link below,a lil to help you understand more about the Mustang suspension and its components. :thumbsup:

http://sn95forums.com/index.php/topic,19837.0.html

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Keep in mind they'll raise the front end of your car up so you may want to leave the isolators out or cut your front springs so your car doesn't sit nose up.

Also from my understanding they only increase the turning radius if you have 9" wheels up front, because they allow you to do a full turn without the tire rubbing. A arms alone aren't going to allow your steering rack to turn further.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Keep in mind they'll raise the front end of your car up

Not true, Ive talked to a few MM and FORD Techs and they all said, the A-arms do not raise the front end a bit, the turning ratio is the only difference between the 94-98 (02?) A-arms.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You guys have it wrongs, the Cobra A-Arm Decrease the turning radius, not increase lol

wytstang

Reaction score
Javi said:
OnyxCobra said:

Not true, Ive talked to a few MM and FORD Techs and they all said, the A-arms do not raise the front end a bit, the turning ratio is the only difference between the 94-98 (02?) A-arms.
I talked to other folks who installed 03 a arms and most noticed no raise in the front end while a very small amount said it did a little. I'm thinking they probably had pretty worn out bushing and the new stiffer bushing on the 03 may have raised it back up or maybe the springs are not properly set. Just a thought.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Handz, I think ill trust the pros on this one.lol

I installed the A-arms myself and I didn't any difference on the ride height, its a Myth. :)

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Javi said:

I installed the A-arms myself and I didn't any difference on the ride height, its a Myth. :)

Whatever man. When you "Increase" a Circle does it make it Bigger or Smaller?

If you install Cobra A-Arms on a SN95 and the Turning radius is increased then that would be going against everything the arms are supposed to do....

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Javi said:

Whatever man. When you "Increase" a Circle does it make it Bigger or Smaller?

If you install Cobra A-Arms on a SN95 and the Turning radius is increased then that would be going against everything the arms are supposed to do....

i read (stangsuspension.com) that the radius is smaller with cobra a arms.
i did the cobra a arms and a 99 SVT steering rack and got minimal changes on steering radius.

the cobra a arms are supposed to have better ball joints and smaller turning radius. thats the only reason why i got them instead of OEM.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Javi said:
OnyxCobra said:

Talk to the guy on here with the yellow Cobra with the front end pointing at the sky. PGTTech I think? I installed the 03 A arms along with x2 ball joints withOUT the spacers and i'm not sure I even broke even...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the front end of my car eneded up being a little higher than i wanted once it was all said and done... it could have been anything from the springs to the a arms to the isos.... etc. etc.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
coilovers ftw. x2 balljoints raise the a-arm pivot a 1/2 inch. most people dont notice it at all. once you swapped out all run ragged parts with fresh parts you tend to see/feel things different good or bad. i removed the beat up struts and installed the kyb struts, coilovers and noticed my front end was taller but not sloppy. so i lowered the setting on the coilovers and im happy.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
If it proves to be too tall, install an tubular k-member. That will put your nose in the dirt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online