Any one using Steeda 3 bolt C/C plates? (94/95)

wytstang

Reaction score
I recently lowered the car using Steeda Superlite springs, had the car aligned as much as possible (close to stock parameters). But I want c/c plates to get it dialed in more since the car is still slightly pulling to the left on roads with a rake (more so then when it had stock springs). On flat roads she goes straight for a few seconds then off to the left again. I don't need a 4 bolt kit just a simple 3 bolt kit. Out of all the 3 bolt kits I can find I trust Steeda over the rest (not including Griggs but not paying that premium). This is a DD with zero track time and probably wont ever see any type of track.
So do the Steeda 3 bolt kit rattle or make any clunking sound?
Any feed back is welcomed.
http://steeda.com/products/steeda_caster_camber_plates.php

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have the steeda 3 bolts but i want to switch to the MM 4 bolt ones. I got them cause they were direct bolt in and they do a great job, no complaints with them except i've seen some look pretty crappy if you don't keep them polished.

Replica R do you have problems with ur MM plates being maxed out for camber? I know 2 stangs with MM plates and one is only dropped about 1.5" and the damn plates are maxed out for the camber and they're still at roughly -1.3 camber. I don't have this problem

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Second or third car i've had MM 4 bolt plates on. Works great. Cake to put in, and has tons of adjust ability. Steedas nice stuff but MM has won me over in terms of design and actual use. My cars slammed, and it has plenty of adjusting left. I can go + camber if chose to.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
You know, for the same price, you can get MM 4 bolt plates. I'm not a big fan of Steeda stuff personally, and I've been running MM plates for over two years now with no problems. No rattling, no broken parts.

http://www.atomicperformance.com/maximummotorsportsblackcastercamberplatesfor94-04mustangs.aspx

189 through the link above, and free shipping.
Yeah I looked at those but I don't need a 4 bolt kit. A 3 bolt set should give me what I need, with out having to drill into my car. Is there any benefit of using a 4 bolt kit for my app?

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
I have the steeda 3 bolts but i want to switch to the MM 4 bolt ones. I got them cause they were direct bolt in and they do a great job, no complaints with them except i've seen some look pretty crappy if you don't keep them polished.
So besides a crappy look due to lack of polishing, they worked fine with no rattling/clunking. What makes you want to go to a 4 bolt kit if the Steeda ones work fine?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
The adjustability. The fact you can adjust caster from camber seperately.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
4 bolt is supposedly stronger but as to how much i don't know. The individual adjusting of camber and caster is nice but once i get the car aligned i don't touch that anyways so i'm not sure it even makes a difference besides helping out the alignment person, but they still charge you full price lol.

wytstang said:
OnyxCobra said:
So besides a crappy look due to lack of polishing, they worked fine with no rattling/clunking. What makes you want to go to a 4 bolt kit if the Steeda ones work fine?

Honestly I don't have any rattling or clunking coming from the camber plates that i know of. I do a hear a knock when i turn the wheel to the right and leave the driveway a certain way but it could be anything, only happens when the wheel is turned tightly.

I'm looking at switching just cause a friend of mine is trying to do a budget suspension build and wants to buy my plates so i told him if he gives me a reasonable amount of money he can have em and ill upgrade to a 4 bolt setup. I used to have other Steeda Suspension but now I have MM so i figured it's cool to have all the same brand.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Aww screw it I'll go with the 4 bolt MM plates. My search keeps pulling up folks recommending MM plates over everything. Might as well since I'm going with MM adjustable lca anyway.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's because a lot of people like to suck MM's dick lol. Honestly either plate will be fine, but they're like the same price anyways.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
LOL I did not expect that response hahahaha.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Replica R do you have problems with ur MM plates being maxed out for camber? I know 2 stangs with MM plates and one is only dropped about 1.5" and the damn plates are maxed out for the camber and they're still at roughly -1.3 camber. I don't have this problem

Maxed out which way. Most negative camber or least?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i have the billet aluminum 3-bolt upr shark caster plates with GMS front coilovers. im not dissapointed. after my front end swap i may need something else. but until then its been good to me. thats driving also in Baltimore's crappy streets and excessive highway speeds.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think Paul has Old School 3 Bolt MM CC Plates on his Vert.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
OnyxCobra said:

Maxed out which way. Most negative camber or least?

Like the plates are all the way outward and the car still has a good amount of negative camber...

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Yeah, but it will give it more adjustment one way than the other. Also, don't be afraid of camber. -1.3 is not really much at all. I've been running -2.1 on both sides, and tacking the car obviously, and the tire is wearing pretty even more or less. Just make sure that you have 1/16th of toe in when you align the car to keep the tires from wearing out prematurely.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
well since he's at -1.3 already there's plenty of adjustment the other way, so maybe he should swap the sides. True -1.3 isn't that bad but when you look at the wheel you can see it's angled, and i guess that's what bothers him. -2.1 is obviously quite aggressive, but this kid never drives his car hard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online