So i'm getting ready to do Ball joints... should i ???

Win

Legend
Reaction score
So since we have finally gotten situated into the house and my garage is starting to come together. So it's time to start installing parts on the car that i have been collecting. I have gotten MOOG ball joints, and i'm thinking i should just do it all while i'm in there the tie rods, sway bar links, wheel hub bearings, rear sway bar link, all the stuff after 180,000 i am sure could use replacing. What are some company's that you guys have used and recommend. Are there things i am forgetting ??? Please fill in anything i have forgotten. After i get a list together i am going to email a company i bought the MOOG ball joints from and see what they can do for me. I am also going to install the springs and Dual piston upgrade at this time also.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
you could have just done some 03 cobra arms that way you get new bushings in the control arm to. along with better turning.

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
you could have just done some 03 cobra arms that way you get new bushings in the control arm to. along with better turning.

The turning Radius isn't really a Concern and plus i paid 39 shipped for new MOOG ball joints which is a hell of a deal. On something like that i would only buy a new part. Plus $275 for new ones..... i saved myself a lot of money.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
be careful. my ball joints were going out and i spend $2,000 on upgrades. lol

while youre there...

here are the things you SHOULD look into replacing
bushings and spring isos: $100+ prothyane kit off jegs
sway bar ends: $15.00 off jegs (prothyane brand would be best)
ball joint boots (prothayne $5.00 off jegs)
tie rod end boots ($5.00 off jegs, prothyne)
rack and pinion bushings (dont get offset, just standard. $5.00 off jegs -prothayne) - if you get these, you should change your power steering fluid while you're there...
motor mounts (if yours are bad) $200.00 for prothyane off jegs
header bolts (its easier to inspect and service them if your front suspension is ripped out)
brake pads

Things you should heavily consider:
struts - tokico, bilstine, monroe ... etc.
bump stop kit (i dont know if this will help you if you have stock suspension, but they are $150 from maximum motorsports)
ARP lug nut studs

things for performance:
maximum motorsports caster camber plates
lowering springs
solid steering shaft
cobra (or eibach) sway bar (if you dont get coil-overs)
brake upgrade (drilled/slotted roters, cobra upgrade, etc.)

it can all add up quick...
i dont think i forgot anything, but i might have. lol.

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
all those boots colored red won't do anything really, i am searching for some new struts and shocks......

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
its debateable... i find the $30.00 in the red boots worth it, but to each his own.

as i said, i dropped 2Gs into my suspension refurbishing... so... i didnt hold back. lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online