saggy butt:(

95cvgt

Reaction score
so im sure if im the only one with this unfortunate condition, but the right side of my car sits, what seems to be about an inch lower then the left :dontknow: i havent measure exactly but its definitely noticeable. so ive got all the basic bolt ons done, now im starting to work on the suspension and body work. i plan on getting sportlines, 1.5" spacers, CC plates, and later on down the road a shock and strut kit. and ive been doing some pricing around and the springs spacers and cc plates cost around the same as a good shock/strut combo. so my question to all you suspension guru's hiding out there is what should i do first?? BUT more importantly, what do you think is causing the saggyness? do you think it just wore out springs on the right side? or something wrong with the shocks and struts on the right side? cuz i definitely dont want to lower it if the right side is stil going to hang low

thank you all for taking the time to read this and thanks for the help in advance, yall are great :notworthy:

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+1

take off your rear wheels and inspect your springs. i dont know what could go wrong with them, but they are pretty much your only option.

OP
OP

95cvgt

Reaction score
ok. thanks guys for the quick responses. i just read about someone saying the read shocks loosing air or something and depressurising. didnt make sense but i just wanted to double check. so thankfully i can go ahead and get the springs, woohooo! cant wait

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the socks can get completely taken out of the car. the body sits on the springs. the sheer weight of the car compresses teh springs and the shocks to make your "ride height." the shocks do very little. its 99.9% on your springs.

get those sportlines, and i (personally) suggest gettin prothayne spring isolators with them. those are some short springs, and isos will raise the hight a minor bit and add to vibration dampening.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i recommend steeda sport springs. this is not just because i have them but i havent heard anyone having issues other than its not low enough. they sit right and dont bottom out harshly at all.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have BBK Gripps. i have yet to bottom them out...

you have quiet a few options on springs..

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's cause there is a difference, but if you don't have a stock Mustang to compare it to it doesn't really look lowered. All personal preference though.

NinetySixCobra

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my car, the right rear sits lower than the rest of the car. I have springs sitting in my garage waiting to go in, I'm 99% sure they will level it out.

SableGT

Reaction score
I have had the same issue. I thought my sportlines would level it out, but it did not. I am still about 1 inch low on the right side. I checked my springs to make sure they were the same and also swapped them from side to side. The only thing I can see that is different from both sides is that on the right I have a damaged quad shock. I do not believe it to be what is causing the issue. but it is the only thing that is different from what I can see with my untrained eye. I also do not have any extra weight on the right. If/ when I get around to figuring it I will let you know what I find.

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
I have bbk lowering springs on my car and it sits really nice I.M.O. but its going to be personal preference since there are so many choices out there...

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've always though the gangster lean was from the way the suspension compresses on takeoff (with the way the weight travels back and all that) but I really ahve no idea.

NinetySixCobra

Reaction score
SableGT said:
If/ when I get around to figuring it I will let you know what I find.

Please do, that worries me. Makes me think I should just yank the quad shocks out while I'm under there.

RoadZOmbie

Reaction score
Same boat here. I installed some ford b springs with bbk isolaters and strange 10 ways, I still had lean on the right rear. My next step was to replace the upper control arms and the bushings on the axle. Anyone else see if that cured the lean?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online