Any problem with going with off brand springs?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I was looking through the lowering spring topic and noticed a fellow named, "BadBlack95GT" has some springs i never of heard much on any mustang board. The name of the springs are, "Dropzone" that gives a 2" drop all around. I can get them for $115 shipped. I want to make this cheap as possible and drop the car just by buying springs.

I only been able to find 2 pictures of his car on here and acouple on his myspace.
l_5f4d29ee6b1372e2769f518debb59b43.jpg
-Confirmed dropzone springs
NOT Confirmed dropzone springs
012-2.jpg
NOT Confirmed dropzone springs
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction-viewImage&friendID=257164860&albumID=91089&imageID=2911876 NOT Confirmed dropzone springs

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Id say not really, 2" is LOW and lots will say too low, my car is at about 2" and I love and I accept the fact that it might hurt performance. Only thing I can think of is the spring rate might not be the same as others??

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd say that could be a 2" drop, only problem is you don't know what kind of quality those springs are.

wytstang

Reaction score
If you are not ready to do other mods with lowering springs that drop it that low don't do it. You will need shorter struts/shocks and c/c plates with a 2 inch drop or you will kill your struts/shocks in no time. If you don't do c/c plates I give your front tires 1 month before new tires are needed.

sbr420a

Reaction score
i had drop zones on my eclipse for a while. they are mostly a import spring

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You get what you pay for. If all you want is drop, then they should be fine. Might sag after a while.

Crone

Reaction score
I would think that it would look good, but probaly corner like crap :dontknow:

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
I would NOT suggest these springs...they are most likely only for coupe setups..if you put them on ur vert...the back end is gonna sag down and look terrible.

IMO...don't cheap out on suspension. If you have a bad suspension setup, you will lose power, and ride quality. But do what you want man.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
JonBeast said:
I would NOT suggest these springs...they are most likely only for coupe setups..if you put them on ur vert...the back end is gonna sag down and look terrible.

IMO...don't cheap out on suspension. If you have a bad suspension setup, you will lose power, and ride quality. But do what you want man.

Crap, so i need VERT springs =[ Guess ill be spending top dollars for name brand ones

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Yea man...verts are heavier in the rear...so u need springs made for a vert.

NinetySixCobra

Reaction score
I had the dropzone springs on my fox coupe. They ride stiff as hell (I mean STIFF) and drop it really low, they are not lying when they say 2". It is every bit of 2". I believe they are specific rate.

Like others have said, you get what you pay for. I would opt for a progressive, name brand spring.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online