Bump steer kit

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Bumpsteer kit replaces your tie rod ends. It bolts up to the rack tie rod on one side, and a spindle on the other side. The reason why you want to get is because a on a lowered mustang control arm and tie rod no longer travel on the same curve. The main difference between the standard tie rod end and bumpsteer kit is that bumpsteer kit allows you to space the distance between the spindle, and the rod end. This will allow you to get the original geometry back, and will reduce the chances of wheel turning itself in and out while the suspension is being compressed.

OP
OP
95DarkGreenGTS

95DarkGreenGTS

Reaction score
well my car is not lowered, but i was thinking about changing the tie rod ends and also the ball joints. Would it be worth getting that bump steer kit insted? So let me get this right the bump steer kit replaces all tht tie rod end. Inner and out?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
how do you know how much space to put on the bump steer kit? i like mike install mine and would like to know how to properly space them..

ReplicaR

Reaction score
MM sells a bumpsteer gauge that measures the bumpsteer.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
MustangChris said:
how do you know how much space to put on the bump steer kit? i like mike install mine and would like to know how to properly space them..

From what I've heard you basically just want the control arm and tie rod to be parallel. I was talking to an MM rep a while ago and he said the gauge is pretty overkill.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
white95 said:
overkill is fun on Halo 3

lol yes because you're not paying extra for it.
right you are... I wont be buying the bumpsteer guage with my bumpsteer kit... i believe thats geared more towards performance alignment shops anyway

95gtdrop

Reaction score
I have. A prokit mm caster camber plates and koni yellows about to get installed . Do I need a bumpsteer kit?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online