Brakes!!!

Codycougar91

Reaction score
Well ive been having some problems with my brakes and they are in need of a replacement anyways, so i have a few questions.

First, why would i hear a lout clunk when i slam on my brakes? It seems to only happen under heavy braking, and its a single clunk sorta sound.

Second, i have the 10th anniversary calipers/pads for all four corners, but i need rotors, the mounting brackets, and stainless lines. So my question, where could i find the best deals on shipping? Right now shipping will cost me around 100 dollars, totalling everything i need to be at $464. Thats kinda steep, so i just wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone can point me in the direction of a place with low or free shipping.

OP
OP
C

Codycougar91

Reaction score
i got worried at first, then i just didnt care much after the first time.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Either American Muscle or Atomic Performance have free shipping. I'd personally go with Atomic Performance, because their customer service is better than American Muscle. Here is a link, see if they have it, and if they don't, I'm sure they can get it.

www.atomicperformance.comhttp://

OP
OP
C

Codycougar91

Reaction score
Ive though about the u joint, but i replaced those a little while back, so im gonna check out the control arms.

And thanks for the link!

OP
OP
C

Codycougar91

Reaction score
well i ordered everything, and it ended up being $405 for the rear bracket kit, front rotors, and brake lines.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Its a good idea, but not neccesary. the big difference is the pedal feel, as the stock Master has a really stiff pedal compared to the Cobra master.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
You can use the stock master cylinder, no worries, the brake pedal is kinda touchy though. The Cobra brakes make a huge difference though, they shoulda put that on ALL the mustangs from 94 and on, not just the Cobra, and brembo 4 piston for the Cobra.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
agreed. try doing a track event with them, they hardly stop. There meant for a nice family cruiser, not a performance car. of course, I have a bit more power than stock too, so I definitely over powered the brakes.

OP
OP
C

Codycougar91

Reaction score
yeah i told myself i wouldnt dare tracking the car with them, i dont trust them

mikey94gt

Reaction score
I did it, and they dont really slow the car down after about 2 or 3 hard laps at 9/10ths.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Sorta, ya. I cooked all the fluid off, and they almost quit working. the pedal went to the floor, almost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online