roll cage

pro5.0

Reaction score
I dont know if im in the right spot i didnt see a chasis forum but i need to know weather to use chromemoly or dom im doing the cage myself im a experenced mig welder but im not that good at tig welding and i know that you have to tig weld chromemoly. And i didnt know if there are any rules on chromemoly and dom far as NHRA rules. I would like to know what is the wieght difference in the two. The car is going to run in the low high 8s I hope.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Better read the book. It would be a shame to build something and then scrap it because it does not pass tech. I don't think I've seen too many chrome moly cages, but then again I don't spend time at a drag strip either.

Spd0lit

Reaction score
i am pretty sure that nhra rules has nothing about chro-mo. But if you are going to be tig welding it up yourself i highly recommend some practice with tig before hand. It is not like mig that feeds the wire for you so you have to get used to that. There is a pretty good amount of weight taken off with the use of Chrom-mo just don't know what it would be off hand.

I don't think he is building it for SCCA so i don't think he needs scca rules.

24hrlemons

Reaction score
Our team got a 8 point from Jeg's that's pre bent and less than $300 - why spend a lot of time bending yourself...unless you like that sort of thing and have a bender already. :thumbsup:

riored96gt

Reaction score
Spd0Lit said:
I don't think he is building it for SCCA so i don't think he needs scca rules.

It was more directed to the metalurgy, not the sanctioning body.

Something about the difficulty to normalize welds inside the car once installed...