roll cage

pro5.0

Reaction score
I dont know if im in the right spot i didnt see a chasis forum but i need to know weather to use chromemoly or dom im doing the cage myself im a experenced mig welder but im not that good at tig welding and i know that you have to tig weld chromemoly. And i didnt know if there are any rules on chromemoly and dom far as NHRA rules. I would like to know what is the wieght difference in the two. The car is going to run in the low high 8s I hope.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Better read the book. It would be a shame to build something and then scrap it because it does not pass tech. I don't think I've seen too many chrome moly cages, but then again I don't spend time at a drag strip either.

Spd0lit

Reaction score
i am pretty sure that nhra rules has nothing about chro-mo. But if you are going to be tig welding it up yourself i highly recommend some practice with tig before hand. It is not like mig that feeds the wire for you so you have to get used to that. There is a pretty good amount of weight taken off with the use of Chrom-mo just don't know what it would be off hand.

I don't think he is building it for SCCA so i don't think he needs scca rules.

24hrlemons

Reaction score
Our team got a 8 point from Jeg's that's pre bent and less than $300 - why spend a lot of time bending yourself...unless you like that sort of thing and have a bender already. :thumbsup:

riored96gt

Reaction score
Spd0Lit said:
I don't think he is building it for SCCA so i don't think he needs scca rules.

It was more directed to the metalurgy, not the sanctioning body.

Something about the difficulty to normalize welds inside the car once installed...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.