Springs

ZFan88

Reaction score
In a couple months I will be buying a whole suspension package from MM. In the meantime I need to swap out my too low of setup (just rears for now) and found a local fox body giving away rear springs. I have a slight grinding on the driveshaft from it being too low, so this just needs to hold me over till I get the package. Will these work on a 95? I'm not sure what other years I can get away with..

OP
OP
Z

ZFan88

Reaction score
no lol, it's not u-joints. the previous owner did a horrible job matching lowering springs and shocks, so it grinds against the e-brake bracket above the driveshaft where it splits. I'm going to attempt to use a dremel and cutting wheel, but doubt that'll fix the problem. Doesn't grind all the time, only when the suspension compresses. And it's pretty easy to tell when something is grinding on the driveshaft...

OP
OP
Z

ZFan88

Reaction score
Well I'm picking up some rear springs today from an '86 to use, so hope they work

OP
OP
Z

ZFan88

Reaction score
Figured I'd just go off this thread rather than make another one.

I swapped out the springs no problem after I started this threat, but the problem has not gone away. I haven't heard of this before. To clarify, it is a metal on metal grinding (obviously) whenever I hit a bump or the weight squats back under hard acceleration. I can clearly see the ring on the driveshaft from where it makes contact with the e-brake bracket (where it splits off into 2). I was hoping it was a 'just being too low' problem, and raising it to stock height in the rear would help, but it didn't. Next I'm going to check out the tranny mount, thinking it's shot and maybe messing up the angle? I know it's a long shot, but I might just buy a urethane mount as they're cheap anyways.

Has anyone else heard of the driveshaft grinding against the e-brake cable bracket before?

wytstang

Reaction score
I have, normally the fix is just bending some bracket that holds the cable.

OP
OP
Z

ZFan88

Reaction score
I'll see if I can raise it up anymore, but it's pretty close to the body right now

OP
OP
Z

ZFan88

Reaction score
Nice, good thread. My car squats a lot, so that's probably it. I'm buying the street/strip suspension package from MM next month, so hopefully that fixes it. If not, I'll just removed the driveshaft, grind the bracket down a bit, and tack it to the floor. Very annoying

DSTRBD

Reaction score
Just pick up a set of 87-93 "Foxbody" 4 cyl springs they will lower your ride and also were used on the 93 Cobra's...

OP
OP
Z

ZFan88

Reaction score
I already have a set of rear fox springs installed...as said earlier in the thread. And once again, I'm picking up a full suspension package from MM, so they're just holding me over till I get it

DSTRBD

Reaction score
ZFan88 said:
I already have a set of rear fox springs installed...as said earlier in the thread. And once again, I'm picking up a full suspension package from MM, so they're just holding me over till I get it
Why would we read all through your thread because you just figured to be lazy and "Jack" your own thread ? 79-98 are the same as for your original question...

OP
OP
Z

ZFan88

Reaction score
DSTRBD said:
ZFan88 said:
Why would we read all through your thread because you just figured to be lazy and "Jack" your own thread ? 79-98 are the same as for your original question...

Good logic. Finding my own thread about the related problem, posting up a possible solution, and asking a related question wouldn't make sense. A+ for you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online