could use some help on a welds install

ruler

Reaction score
I got a set of 3/12 inch wide fronts and 12 wide rears that I am installing. The rears have a 8.5 backspacing and a 11.5 wide et street tire on them so they fit but are rubbing on the ebrake cable and brake line. I am having trouble with the fronts. I have a spacer (about 1/4 inch) and extended studs but the thing is still rubbing on the caliper. Everyone is saying to grind it but I would like to se a picture of one that has been ground. If you have skinnies on your car would you please remove a tire and snap a pic for me of the right way to grind the caliper. Thanks guys. Any advise besides oh those wont fit would be welcomed. These fukers are gonna fit if I have to minitub the sob. :angry4:

Spd0lit

Reaction score
For the brake lines and e brake you could always get creative with zip-ties? What brake setup do you have in the front? I know people run 1 in spacers for skinnkies with cobra brakes you could do the same i guess how close it the wheel to the caliper?

94 DropTop

Reaction score
i ziptied my ebrake lines to the lower control arm for mine. I think its a 5/16ths spacer you need for the front with no grinding. I forgot what mine are. And im running stock studs. Ill see if i can figure it out

OP
OP
R

ruler

Reaction score
I had fun grinding today. The fronts are on and the zip tie ftw on the back. I will delete the ebrake and antilock brake crap when it stops raining. I also traded my extra set of et streets for some 15x8 prostars incase the back doesnt work out right.

ram360

Reaction score
your trying to fit 15x12 draglites out back?? Man that a huge ass rim.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
why did you get that big of a wheel... holy god, and up front if you used a hub centric spacer from Maximum Motorsports and 1/2" you would have been all set and not have to grind your caliper

OP
OP
R

ruler

Reaction score
I traded my cobra rs for the set. I have a rear set of 15x8 pro stars but I like the monsters in the back
DSCF1785.jpg

the back tires are small right now and I will go bigger when I make room and have additional funds.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
im just the type of person who does things for a purpose. thoes rears are way tooo big if you ever race it youll get some monster bog unless you have some high high hp

OP
OP
R

ruler

Reaction score
I only have 350 rwhp but the tires are still medium sized out back. 11.50 et streets. plus Im trying to stick on the street too.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
ruler said:
I only have 350 rwhp but the tires are still medium sized out back. 11.50 et streets. plus Im trying to stick on the street too.

on the street thats fine, thoes hp numbers are still too low for that wide of a tire, but definaly will have great look from the rear of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online