help with replacing suspension parts

mppaintball

Reaction score
so im about to replace the parts in my drivers side front suspension since i cant stop the damn squeaking form the bushings. Ive never done this before so can someone walk me though it, and any special tools i may require. Thanks

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
sure its pretty easy... lest start at square one...

what are you replacing???

OP
OP
M

mppaintball

Reaction score
well im trying to stop this very annoying sqeak in the drivers side, which i think is the bushings, but im not positive. So i found a used set of springs, shocks, struts for the drivers side for $60 (is that an ok price?) so i would probably replace those. Also would that stop the squeak or do you guys think it is something else?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
it could be a ball joint thats noisy, it could be tie rod end thats noisy, could be a sway bar bushing thts noisy or sway bar link... its hard to say

OP
OP
M

mppaintball

Reaction score
well it squeaked when i got it a little over a year ago, but stopped in the rainy season and now that it is warm again it is squeaky again. it does it when i push on the front drivers side fender, and it does it when im driving like under 30. I can hear it with every single little bump. it also squeaks sometimes when i turn the steering wheel.

OP
OP
M

mppaintball

Reaction score
can i replace just the ball joint without talking apart the entire suspension for that side?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online