Suspension Help...holy 4 X 4 batman!

LAFENATU

Reaction score
My car has one of the highest stock suspension mustangs I have ever seen.

It needs to be dropped REALLY bad.

I need to know what springs you guys recommend. The car is driven daily so I don't need an obnoxious ride. How well will a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs do?? Are they not going to drop it enough?? 1 1/2" doesn't seem like it would do much but I could be completely wrong.

I was told to do Fox struts in the front by Maximum Motorsports as well because fox struts are a little shorter. Helps increase bump travel and decrease droop on lowered cars. Since I don't do any Auto X they recommended just to stick with a 3 bolt C/C plate.

Give me your input fellas. :headbang:

mustangsuspension.jpg

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Ford C-springs and KYB non-adjustables have the best all-around bang-for-the-buck performance for a normal streetcar IMHO. I've had that setup on two street cruisers of mine and it's fantastic. Moderate lowering, reasonable handling, relatively inexpensive, and doesn't kill the ride quality.

OP
OP
L

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Paul said:
Ford C-springs and KYB non-adjustables have the best all-around bang-for-the-buck performance for a normal streetcar IMHO. I've had that setup on two street cruisers of mine and it's fantastic. Moderate lowering, reasonable handling, relatively inexpensive, and doesn't kill the ride quality.

Are they going to drop my car enough to where it doesn't look like I am about to go off road??

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
This was my old '94 convertible. (R.I.P.) It had the setup I described, so you can decide for yourself.

Old%20Silver%20Car.JPG

OP
OP
L

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Paul said:
This was my old '94 convertible. (R.I.P.) It had the setup I described, so you can decide for yourself.

Old%20Silver%20Car.JPG

Looks good to me..

Your car sat as high as mine does??

Did you use plates?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Yes, I had Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates. Actually, now that I think about it I don't know if that picture was taken with my tubular k-member and coil-overs or not. Either way, i set the front ride height roughly the same anyway.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Damn paul, baller status yo.

Steeda sports have a decent drop. Its alot like pro-kit but maybe a little lower. With Tokico HP's and sports, I probably had the best all around package. However me being me, I love a slammed stang and found the sports to be just as 4x4, even though they aren't.

OP
OP
L

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Steven said:
Damn paul, baller status yo.

Steeda sports have a decent drop. Its alot like pro-kit but maybe a little lower. With Tokico HP's and sports, I probably had the best all around package. However me being me, I love a slammed stang and found the sports to be just as 4x4, even though they aren't.

The guy at Steeda said their springs only drop about 1" and the Pro-Kits are about 1 1/2"

I just hate the way my car stands.

wytstang

Reaction score
Here is my car with Steeda Superlite Springs and 03 cobra front lca with 94+ Tokico HP struts/shocks
SN850545.jpg

Before: I had a fairly high stance as well
IMG_0132Medium.jpg

OP
OP
L

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Love it.

Looks awesome. Did your car sit as high as mine does??

wytstang

Reaction score
LAFENATU said:
Love it.

Looks awesome. Did your car sit as high as mine does??
It didn't look as bad due to the 18's but yeah it had a lift that I lived with for a while.
Before:
Picture011.jpg

After:
SN850548.jpg

Spd0lit

Reaction score
Yea i have a c-spring/with strange adj. i like the stance just right for me.

OP
OP
L

LAFENATU

Reaction score
I was going to do those but the guys at MM said they would be a little obnoxious for a DD.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
LAFENATU said:
My car has one of the highest stock suspension mustangs I have ever seen.

It needs to be dropped REALLY bad.

I need to know what springs you guys recommend. The car is driven daily so I don't need an obnoxious ride. How well will a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs do?? Are they not going to drop it enough?? 1 1/2" doesn't seem like it would do much but I could be completely wrong.

I was told to do Fox struts in the front by Maximum Motorsports as well because fox struts are a little shorter. Helps increase bump travel and decrease droop on lowered cars. Since I don't do any Auto X they recommended just to stick with a 3 bolt C/C plate.

Give me your input fellas. :headbang:

mustangsuspension.jpg

This one seems to sit abnormally high. Are the springs not "clocked" correctly or something??

GT

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rawb, do prokit and tokico blues.IMO Best bang for the buck.

Codycougar91

Reaction score
The H&R's are pretty bumpy, but i like them a lot on every car ive been in/around with em

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online