squeak help in front suspension

mppaintball

Reaction score
so i have the horribly annoying squeak in my front suspension. Ive tried spraying the bushings with silicone lube but im not sure what all the pieces are to spray so it has not stopped the squeak. It squeaks when i am going kind of slowly, like under 30. It does it for every single little bump. It does it when i turn the stearing wheel some times, and it does it when i push down on the drivers side front fender. It did it when i bought the car about a year ago, but i live in Washington so in the rainy months which is about half the year it didn't squeak. But now that summer is here it squeaks really badly. Ive also noticed lately that sometimes when i brake hard i hear kind of a thud. I don't know if its related or not. I have done a little looking around, and it seems like some causes of the squeak are the spring isolator rotting away, the sway bar bushings, the strut bushings, or even the ball joints on its way out. When i bought the car i was told it was the bushings and i could just spray it when silicone lube and it would stop it but im not sure what to spray so could someone help me out. Also could someone point out the different parts like the ball joint, the spring isolator, sway bar bushings, and the strut bushings, because im not sure exactly which part each of those are.

UPDATE: Pictures
P1000434.jpg

P1000435.jpg

P1000436.jpg

P1000437.jpg

P1000438.jpg

P1000439.jpg

P1000440.jpg

P1000441.jpg

P1000442.jpg

P1000443.jpg

P1000444.jpg

P1000445.jpg

P1000446.jpg

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad control arm bushing. Spraying your dry rotted bushings with silicone lube won't do anything to cure the problem. Replace them. It could also be a bad sway bar end link bushing. Those will squeak as well.

The ball joints connect the control arms to the knuckle on the wheel hub. Anytime something has to go up and down and turn, you'll have a ball joint. You'll find a bushing anywhere there is movement between 2 pieces (i.e. any point where a suspension piece will move). Think of a bushing kinda like a joint.

OP
OP
M

mppaintball

Reaction score
so can i buy just the bushings for the control arm, and sway bar end links, or do i need to buy new control arms, and sway bars?

OP
OP
M

mppaintball

Reaction score
updated with pictures. Cant seem to figure out which ones are squeaking. Everythings under there is a little dirty from me spraying it with white lithium grease and silicone lube and stuff but i tried to clean it off a little

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online