another thread on wheel spacers

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
used the search function to find out what i needed and i think i got it. but im going to ask everyones opinion, preferably from people that have used wheel spacers and know what is needed.

I will go out and measure the size that I need tomorrow but I am running a 18x10 saleen wheel with a 295/35/18 BFG KDW2 tire. i think im going to get a 1/2" spacer or a 3/4" spacer if they make it, hubcentric as well. i haven't looked to see if my saleen's hub fits around the stock hub or not, or i dont remember at least.

my questions about this topic though is do i infact need hubcentric. I would rather have my wheels be hub centric than lug centric for peace of mind purposes and more strength. and then my question about lugs. what do i do about the stock lugs? do i need to shave them down and mount the spacer on them so the wheel will sit flush on the spacer? or do i get a wheel spacer without lugs built in and buy longer lugs? how much longer...?

thanks guys in advance for the help, i haven't fully comprehend the lug aspect of these things.

dafizuck

Reaction score
I dont know the answer to your question... but something to keep in mind. On the kits that come with longer studs.. I have heard horror stories of the lugs backing off. Just thought I'd share that.

ram360

Reaction score
You will only need to grind the wheels studs down if your planning to run a bolt on spacer. I'm pretty sure the thinnest you can get w/ that is 1". Maximum motorsports makes a slip on hubcentric spacer (thinner than 1") and you'd most likely want to install longer wheel studs (pretty sure 3" is only other choice here) to make sure the lugs have enough thread to bit into since the spacer is eating some of it up since you only have stock wheels studs in that case. If it were me I'd feel much better w/ a hubcentric design on my ride. Hope that makes sense.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah it does, thanks for the info. i guess i was going along the right line of figuring it out.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I talked to 95Opal about spacers a while ago cause I thought his car looked perfect, believe he said he was running 3/8" so i'm probably gonna look into those.

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Wheel spacers are bad news UNLESS you get the ones that connect directly to the axle...then your ok.

Codycougar91

Reaction score
the shop that installed my wheels put them on without asking, so i really dont know what i have!

LAFENATU

Reaction score
If you have spacers that are not connected to the axle...all that weight is going to be on that spacer. Not a good idea at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online