lowered 97 - shocks from fox even if adjustable?

Wes8398

Reaction score
We all know that Fox body shocks work well on lowered SN's, but i wanted to make sure that this still stands true even if you go with an adjustable shock like the Tokico Illumina. Can anyone verify? Or should I go with the ones made specifically for my year?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
unless you can get a great deal on fox ones i would just order ones for the sn95

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Reaction score
95convgt said:
unless you can get a great deal on fox ones i would just order ones for the sn95

Fox shocks and SN shocks are the same price anywhere I shop...

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Then just go with a SN95 shock. Since there Aftermarket ones they will handle a lowered car unless you get something really cheap

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I want to spend the extra money on the Illuminas or just get a "cheap" set of the HP's. Almost everyone suggests to use Fox shocks on lowered SN's so I'm kinda confused at your suggestion. Fox shocks are an inch shorter than SN shocks, which will give you that extra inch of room before they bottom out ... makes sense to me.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Call tokico or Koni and ask them then. If it were me and they were the same price i would pick up the shocks for the correct years. Fox Body's were a lot lighter yeah they were an inch or so shorter but don't you think the company's that produced these shocks took that into consideration.

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Reaction score
It just seems odd that so many others (including MANY on this forum) suggest the Fox shocks. Guess I'll look into it further.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Wes8398 said:
It just seems odd that so many others (including MANY on this forum) suggest the Fox shocks. Guess I'll look into it further.

i used to suggest it but then i started looking into it more and the company's do spend a good amount of money making sure there right for the cars they make them. Call MM and see what they recommend

I am all for getting info but if your going to making a big purchase like that i would also check with someone like them also.

Edit: also call MU and also AM and seek their opinion then make your decision off of everything you have gathered.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.