lower control arm instal?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
You shouldnt...cant you drop the axle down, let the spring come out and remove, reinstall the new LCA then put the spring back in and jack the whole axle back up?

Ive never done them but theres no reason to have a spring compressor since you can drop the whole axle with a jack.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
one more of the reasons i love our cars, no need for spring compressor. ):

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Also i think Onyx metioned this the other day make sure you install the rears correctly. Both the springs facing the driver side.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
I recommend removing the sway bar ass'y and doing each LCA seperately. It's tough lining the rear LCA mount bolts back up when both sides are disassembled at the same time.

GT

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
95convgt said:
Also i think Onyx metioned this the other day make sure you install the rears correctly. Both the springs facing the driver side.

Truth, the pigtails of the rear springs both need to be pointing to the drivers side.

Also, once you have the axle hanging from the upper control arms you can jack up one side slightly which will lower the other side and the spring will damn near fall right out; repeat with the opposite side. Once the springs are out swapping the LCA's should be cake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online