96 deep violet wheel upgrade

jandmmustangs

Reaction score
I recently scored a deep violet 96 v6 5spd car and i really dont like the stock wheels. Does anyone forsee and issues by going with the wheel and tire package from late model resto.. it includes :

2 17X9 front bullet wheels with 275/40/17
2 17X`10 Rear bullet wheels with 315/35/17

I know it may slightly affect my speedo but im wondering if it will make the car extra doggy in the bottom end (2.73 gear)
Any input is greatly appreciated :eek:ccasion14:

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
if you take a fat man, feed him mcdonalds prior to running a marathon, your not helping his cause....

OP
OP
J

jandmmustangs

Reaction score
Oh trust me i know its doggy, but i was just wondering if ill have any major problems. Besides i dont need this one to be fast i got my 5.0 cars for that.

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
its your dd man put some 373's in it to mke up for the wheels and help that fat guy cut down the mile time lol

OP
OP
J

jandmmustangs

Reaction score
wow i didnt know id get so much flak for asking a question....cripes all i wanted to know was if id run into and speedo or top speed limiting problems. then again its my car so ill guess ill just play the game and figure it out on my own....god knows im not get any help here

98GTnSC

Reaction score
get your D*** A** n gear!!!! dude were just telling u its a v6. its doggy. ur throwing on more weight 4 the drivetrain 2 turn with bigger wheels & bigger tires. YES its gonnna get doggier! doubt the guys meant 2 break ur heart. but if i saw a v6 stang with the little v6 exhaust hanging limply 2ward the ground with wider wheels and tires then honestly.... id laugh

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You will be increasing the rotation mass by a HUGE amount, so yeah, the car will be much slower everywhere. You'll also hurt the gas mileage too, probably by a noticeable amount.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Nobody is givin you flak dude. But its no need for all that tire on a v6. Dont get sad.. you've got 5.0s save the money for those lol. Or swap a 5.0 into the nicer body?

OP
OP
J

jandmmustangs

Reaction score
actually the 5.0 cars are nice, hell all i wanted to do was make my wife happy so she'd have fatties on her violet car to match her 99 35th car....damn me then.....besides MPG dont mean crap thats what her Focus is for....all i wanted to know was would i hit any probs as far as speedo and speed limiter
She hates to drive the 99 as it only has 34k on it...

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
OH well in that case, go ahead lol, I guess we thought you were doin it for your car or whatever. If ur wife wants some phatties and u dont mind spendin go ahead haha. You would most likely need a speedo calibrater.

Traidmarx

Reaction score
as far as slowing the car down..you will notice a different i have a full bolt on 5.0 with 4.30's and i noticed a huge difference in switching rims...as far as the speedo...may throw it off a 2-3 mph nothing major...only thing you may have to do is flip your quad shocks around to keep them from rubbing.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
You will be increasing the rotation mass by a HUGE amount, so yeah, the car will be much slower everywhere. You'll also hurt the gas mileage too, probably by a noticeable amount.

Don't give him serious advice, he's clearly one of those guys that asks a question he already has his opinion for, and doesn't want to hear anything but he is correct.

98GTnSC

Reaction score
yeh. idk y he asked 4 our advice when he had in his head that the wheels/tires were going on neways. but good look with ur 10 car garage and v6 fatties

98green5.4

Reaction score
whats the deal here?

i think he was just asking about the wheels slowing it down or messing the speedometer up a little bit. I have a 94 car with a 98 or V6. Has AFS cobra's on it (18x9 and 18x10.5's) and to be honest with all you guys, i don't have to get out and push it to get it going. The op knows v6's aren't fast, i don't really think he is that worried about the speed or w/e. probably more concerned about his speedometer.

my v6 isn't fast, but its fun to drive. it can still get going good with 17x9 and 10.5's and 18's too.

just my two cents.
here is some proof that you should be fine stock. :) my v6 car.

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=69ae8e41-9940-4ca8-a244-9c47014565e6" width="428" height="352" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/bored-with-my-94-v6-haha_695674.htm">bored with my 94 v6 mustang. haha. gettin sideways</a>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online