lower control arm problem

95DarkGreenGTS

Reaction score
Man SO today I decided to put in the lower control arms. Well needless to say tryed doing one side at a time. Driver side first lowered it started to install when it would not line up at all tryed for an hour. Nothing. Then I came up with the idea to unistall upper control arms well bc I did that now I have alignement issues so tomorrow im gana drop the hole fucking rear end and try reinstalling to see if I can get it. If not Im throwing the mustang out

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you drop the rear axle down before removing the control arm? I had the same problem with getting the control arm to line back up, couldn't get it to go for anything but as soon as i dropped the axle it went right back into place.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
yea when doing rear lower control arms its not a good idea to undo the upper control arm bolts.

you need to make sure that the shocks are off, the springs are out then unbolt the oe control arms, get the sway bar outta the way. when installing the other arm you may need to have someone push latterly on the axle to get it to line up, i had this issue on my 96 as well as my buddies 03 solid axle swap kenne bell cobra. so i know the pain good luck

OP
OP
95DarkGreenGTS

95DarkGreenGTS

Reaction score
LOL I was on ground. BUT damn I unbolted the whole rear end except for the drive shaft. Then bolted the upper control arms the passenger side then driver side lower control arms and man it went in like butter. I was like damn 2 hours I had it back together. Yesterday I was out there for 4 hours and dint have either side in. LOL I do these again I know how im doing it. Thanks for the info guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81