I need help Car makes noises when turning???

98mstanggt

Reaction score
My car makes a grinding/rattle noise or like something is loose or something. I hear when im turning the car all the way or most of the way if im slightly turning the car i dont hear the noise. It sound like the noise is coming from the middle/rearend of the car. My car is lowered but i figure if that was the problem the noise would be coming from the front of the car right??? but idk i might be cause it lowered any help please thanks

Win

Legend
Reaction score
One of the things you could check was the Ebrake Cable to see if it is rubbing your driveshaft. Also it could be your ball joints. Also have you done your brakes lately ?? If you have or haven't check your Dust Shield sometimes they get knocked into the rotor and scratch.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Tires rubbing, or maybe a old power steering unit? Mine makes almost a "electronic scraping" noise when im turning the wheel all the way.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Win said:
One of the things you could check was the Ebrake Cable to see if it is rubbing your driveshaft. Also it could be your ball joints. Also have you done your brakes lately ?? If you have or haven't check your Dust Shield sometimes they get knocked into the rotor and scratch.
Hmmm im check all this stuff but i do know need balljoints and brakes but i didnt think thats what it could be though.

95_5.0@15 said:
Tires rubbing, or maybe a old power steering unit? Mine makes almost a "electronic scraping" noise when im turning the wheel all the way.
I dont think its tire rubbing now that i really listen to it. Why would it be the powersteering??

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
Bad rear end diff. Pull the diff cover and check the wear on your ring and pinion. Mine clunks and makes a weird sound on really slow turns like backing up into a tight parking spot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81