broke rear sway bar, any good brands?

caseypayne69

Reaction score
Whats some good brands of stronger bar yet lightier? I'm in the market.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Eibach has some, MM and Griggs, Ag47 have some adjustables, or you can buy me a nice adjustable and I can send you my stocker................. lol!!

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
lol, cornering is more important to me then straightline. To each his own.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
duff daddy said:
why would you want to corner well???? lol

cuz were not knuckle dragging, um, drag racers, okay!!!??? were knuckle dragging, um, mustang road racers!!!!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Usually, if you want to go to a lighter bar, it would have to be hollow, which I would not recommend for the back of the mustang. The amount of stress that bar sees, hollow bar would not stand up to that. Adjustable bars might be lighter than stock, but even if they are, it will not be by much, because you have to add all the extra hardware to mount them.

I broke my sway bar back in december, if I recall correctly, at the Streets of Willow. I went to the junkyard, and bought another stock replacement for 12 dollars, because I believe that playing with sway bars is something you do once you're done with everything else. You have to remember that sway bar is your tuning tool for suspension balance.

RoadZOmbie

Reaction score
I broke the stock sway bar, and 2 steeda bars. Before I installed another steeda sway bar, I installed some roush lca and that cured my problem. You might want to check if ur lower control arm bushings are worn?

mikey94gt

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Usually, if you want to go to a lighter bar, it would have to be hollow, which I would not recommend for the back of the mustang. The amount of stress that bar sees, hollow bar would not stand up to that. Adjustable bars might be lighter than stock, but even if they are, it will not be by much, because you have to add all the extra hardware to mount them.

I broke my sway bar back in december, if I recall correctly, at the Streets of Willow. I went to the junkyard, and bought another stock replacement for 12 dollars, because I believe that playing with sway bars is something you do once you're done with everything else. You have to remember that sway bar is your tuning tool for suspension balance.

+1, and I would check the bushings as well, that is a good point. I havent broken a rear sway bar in 5 years, and im not exactly easy on my car. then again, the control arms I have are aftermarket ones with urethane bushings in them.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am running a 98 Cobra sway bar with a Steeda Adjustable sway bar and its awesome!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online