Finally got to test the mustang on the track!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Last week I went to a track event at the Miller Motorsports Park, and man it was fun.
this was a UT mustang club event & there was 42 cars there - most were 05 and newer, and there were 5 Sheby GT500 KR's there!

My car did pretty good! it was a good time.
We had a basics class, slow lap, 4 practice laps, and 2 timed laps. then they served us dinner at the club house. this was on half track, just over 2 miles long.
My car really did well, with the gearing and the turbo, I hardly had to take it out of third. hard corner to 85mph, all 3rd gear :headbang:

I've got some vid on my bro in law's camera, I just need to figure how to get it off there and posted.

just wanted to post up and say - It's ABOUT TIME I put all these parts to the test!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Bring that sh!t to SoCal one of these days mang.

ram360

Reaction score
I'll bet that was a blast. I'm 15 min from pocono raceway but IDK open track days are freaking $$$ so I gotta stick to the 1/4mi stuff.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That would be fun Rep!
if I come to So Cal, will you come to SLC to run at the Miller park?!

Thanks Onyx.

I hear ya ram. this one was 100 bucks, but normally if you just show up and pay it's like 300.
our local mustang club worked out a deal where we can get open track 1x per month for 20 bucks. I'm all over that!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
there is an open track next month, Need to check on the date?
I'll check on that for ya! but you'll need to ride with me, and give me some pointers!

ram360

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
I hear ya ram. this one was 100 bucks, but normally if you just show up and pay it's like 300.
our local mustang club worked out a deal where we can get open track 1x per month for 20 bucks. I'm all over that!

that's an awesome deal, I need to find a club like that! I'd love to try an open track day at least once. You should rig up a camera mount next time you go.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
there is an open track next month, Need to check on the date?
I'll check on that for ya! but you'll need to ride with me, and give me some pointers!

Kinda early. I'm gearing up for Buttonwillow with NASA a few weeks after that, so I doubt that could make it to that one. Let me know if there is anything later.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ok, i'll check on October. Not sure when they close for the season. we get SNOW here!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online