Which Subframe Connectors?

martfr2

Reaction score
I was wondering if subframe connectors are worth the cash and time? Which ones are you guys using and why? Current set up is upper/lower control arms, car has been lowered 1.5 in with eibach springs, pretty much that's all. Now, how hard is it to install these? Can I just head to the muffler shop and have the guys simply just weld these bad boys?

Thanks for the help,

Frank

Magic

Reaction score
They do make a big difference. Tightens up the car/frame.

Look into the Maximum Motorsports or Steeda or other brand full-length connectors. I have the Maximum Motorsports ones on my car, and it did make quite a difference.

LAFENATU

Reaction score
As long as it isn't a bolt version, your good. Make sure whatever you choose is welded.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I have the tube style connectors but they are welded on. Maximum Motorsports full lengths are really good.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
They are definitely worth it, after you have them a while you forget how much they improved ride and handling.

When you get them welded up make sure the car is sitting on it's suspension, you don't want the suspension hanging.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Yes they are worth it, no don't get the muffler shop to weld it. Get someone who is competent in welding subframes onto your car and it's not their first set. Subs and car should be preloaded before welding, as your car tends to sag over time, preloading it will align things better. I've had customers tell me that their doors shut better and gaps look better after welding them on. Oh, and the handling and ride will improve as well.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Oops, sorry, Maximum motorsports full lengths, or UPR standards.

Hybridbird

Reaction score
I have MM full length weld in sub frame connectors....totally different car to drive even on the street.Best suspension mod so far bar none.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my MM Full lengths are getting installed as we speak :) ill let you know (hopefully) by saturday :-D

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I'm looking to do this also.

Would it be ok to load up the suspension by putting jack stands under the A-arms and rear axle to simulate a loaded suspension?

My friend is handy with a welder and has done some SFC install in his garage this way.

shifter

Reaction score
maximum motorsports.

I've installed 9 sets on cars this year and they are the nuts (unless you build your own). I order them from Artie, his price rocks. ;)

NXcoupe

Reaction score
greenscobie86 said:
I'm looking to do this also.

Would it be ok to load up the suspension by putting jack stands under the A-arms and rear axle to simulate a loaded suspension?

My friend is handy with a welder and has done some SFC install in his garage this way.

Yes, put a stand under each front wheel as close to the ball joint as you can, then put two under the rear axle, doesn't really matter, they support the axle anywhere you put them. Place a jack under the middle of the subframe, put a length of 2 X 4 on top the jack, parallel with the subframe and jack it up until the sub is flush along the frame rail. This will lift the car up and may even get most of the weight off the stands. weld it in on the outside and tack on the inside on front and rear. then remove the jack and finish welding the inside. It makes it hard to weld the inside on the ground with the jack in the way, and they are already preloaded and securely attached at that point. I just use my drive on lift now and a tall jackstand, makes it hugely easier than the 50 to 75 sets I welded laying on my back!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
What he's saying is that suspension has to be loaded when you do a project like this. Car will flex and sag when it's lifted by center section, so if the subframe connectors are welded on while the car is like that, the car will remain that way for the most part when you bring it back down. Best way to have it done is on a drive on lift.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hm, i think they have a scissor lift at the place i took it to... i hope they know waht they are doing.

Is there any way to tell that they were improperly installed after the shop give the car back?

DSTRBD

Reaction score
MM... and always welded ! It will keep some of the bodyflex issues especially when you start pumping up the horsepower and upper and lowers are a nice addition.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MustangChris said:
hm, i think they have a scissor lift at the place i took it to... i hope they know waht they are doing.

Is there any way to tell that they were improperly installed after the shop give the car back?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
MustangChris said:

The door jams are gonna be off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online