03 Cobras or FR500's

Slykin

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm trying to decide between Chrome FR500's or Chrome 03 Cobra wheels.. they are gonna be 17" no matter what. I also was thinking about 10.5" on the back and I was wondering if that would cause problems with rubbing etc. Here's what they'll be going on, all input appreciated. Thanks.

100_2646.jpg

Magic

Reaction score
Nice stance!

Between the two...the FR500 in a 17 looks "funny" to me. They look better as an 18inch wheel. So Id go with the 03 Cobra wheels.

Ever thought about getting the stock wheels widened? At least the rears, to a 17x10 from the stock 17x8? Ive never seen anyone widen the 98 SVT wheels.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
thoes wheels you have on the car now were super super played out about 2 years ago... now yo udont see them as much and i wish i still had mine :(

Magic

Reaction score
duff daddy said:
thoes wheels you have on the car now were super super played out about 2 years ago... now yo udont see them as much and i wish i still had mine :(

You must be thinking about the Cobra R wheels. Those are the 98 Cobra wheels. Slightly different.
However, I do have the played out 17x9 Cobra Rs on my car. LOL They are a nice wheel for this bodystyle car.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Magic said:
duff daddy said:
You must be thinking about the Cobra R wheels. Those are the 98 Cobra wheels. Slightly different.
However, I do have the played out 17x9 Cobra Rs on my car. LOL They are a nice wheel for this bodystyle car.

no know exactly what wheels are one there i had the 98 cobras....

ram360

Reaction score
Magic said:
Nice stance!

Between the two...the FR500 in a 17 looks "funny" to me. They look better as an 18inch wheel. So Id go with the 03 Cobra wheels.

+1

OP
OP
Slykin

Slykin

Reaction score
I think I get what you're getting about the FR500's in the 17".. they seem like they don't have enough substance there. I did think about getting some of the same wheels in chrome but bigger, thing is, everyone seems to have the "skinny" five spokes which are nice but I want something a little more unique. They definitely have to be wider, i'm going for 9" in the front and 10.5's in the back, possibly just 10's. Now that i've got that figured out, where do you guys recommend buying some wheels? Price isn't a HUGE factor but they can't be ridiculous either, I just don't want crap. Thanks.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
03 cobras with 10.5's

i thinking about selling my saleens to ge the cobras. :confused1:

NXcoupe

Reaction score
03 chrome Cobras FTW. I think they look sweet, not to keen on the FR500's.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I personally don't like either of those wheels in chrome, however chrome FR500s look like way too much most of the time imo.

duff daddy said:
Magic said:
duff daddy said:

no know exactly what wheels are one there i had the 98 cobras....

ohhhh owned! lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.