Camber/Caster Plate Q

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Hello All,

If this question has been asked before I apologize.

Here is my dilemma, I have H&R SS springs on my car with stock C/C plates. I have recently added camber bolts in hopes of possibly fixing my negative camber problem... Unfortunately this was not to be so now I am shopping for some camber/caster plates.

I realize that MM ones are probably the best and I should just go with them. However I am on a a pretty tight budget with my upcoming PI cam swap so I would also like to enterntain the possibility of going with other manufacturers.

Are the MAC plates good? They are the 3 bolt setup with poly bushings, a decent choice since I wont be running coilovers and dont really need to drill the extra bolt.

Also I can get some used Steeda plates. These are supposedly very good units and offer alot of adjustability. Worth it?

Finally will my stock strut bar clear any or every C/C plate I choose to buy? First hand experience would be great here.

Thank you, and here is a pic of my car from last weekend.

p1020860.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've got H&R SS and Steeda c/c plates, no problems. I got the Steedas cause i liked the 3 bolt, no drilling idea. Now I want to get the MM ones just because but the Steedas do a good job.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
unless your car has a 1.7+ drop and you want to do some auto-x,get the 4 bolts.
otherwise get the 3 bolt plates

OP
OP
greenscobie86

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Thanks.

My car is dropped like 2.x" so i'll just go ahead and get the Steeda ones(4 bolt.)

Any of you guys running a strut brace as well? Just so I know weather or not it'll clear the plates.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The MM C/C is the Absolute best C/C plate on the market.....4 Bolts FTW

OP
OP
greenscobie86

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Yes I figured guys thank you!

It's just that I got the Steeda's(4 bolt model) for alot cheaper than the MM units because they were mounted on a car for mockup and then taken off. So I got a deal and saved a good few bux on them.

Thank god I didn't get the Mac's, I read about them and most said that they were garbage haha.

I'll update this thread with pictures and feedback once the Steeda's arrive.

OP
OP
greenscobie86

greenscobie86

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I put the Steeda's on a few days ago!

Very nice quality, clearish instructions with a few snags, but overall very easy to put in. Drilling the 4th hole was easy enough, I just had to enlarge the hole afterwards with a round file to make sure everything was aligned.
Modified the bumpstops on my KYB's with a jigsaw and used one short spacer on the bottom and one long one on the top according to the install instructions.

The ride is great and the car is aligned perfectly...

The stock brace clears the plates just fine so no worries there.

Just one question. Is running -1.2 camber a good setup for the street? The caster is set at approx. 3.5 deg. on both sides... Should it be out even more to correct bumpsteering?(It's actually not as bad as I thought it was gonna be)

Thanx!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online