better handeling

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
so my car handels pretty well but i would like it to improve just a bit.better cornering and take off. im upgrading some of my bushings to energy suspension bushing and getting new control arms. im mostly concerned with the take off. i want to car to grip the road better any suggestions

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
what do you want, straight line or cornering .... you can set it up for auto x or drag racing theres gonna be a difference in the type of rear end, ie panhard bar or relocated lowers with adjustable uppers .... its all different for different jobs

El_Diablo

Reaction score
want to handle the easy way, watts link and super sport springs by H&R, that and a good set of struts and shocks should make a huge improvement for under $1000

whats your budget?

OP
OP

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
well im going to change the springs soon cause like i said id like to lower the car. well my budget is around 500-600 but what ever parts i buy labor is free cause im working at a mechanic shop just have to find time to get it installed

Crone

Reaction score
For straight line rear lower control arms seem to really help. For springs h&r seem to have the best stance imo. I have no experience with them though.

OP
OP

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
well i just ordered control arms and energy suspension bushings today. as for springs i looked at the stance thread and really like the way the Eibach sportlines look. like i said id like to drop the car 1 in in the front and 3/4 in the rear. what size would the springs be that i need? also would i run with or w/o isolators in?

Crone

Reaction score
Im not 100 percent but I think the sport lines are 1.5 -2.0? With what you want I would run the isolators. Have you checked into the ford racing springs? I belive they have a little higher stance.

Crone

Reaction score
I couldn't tell you :dontknow: I haven't gotten to get mine in yet. Those C/C plates are pricey Im sure you might even be able to maybe wrap it with something to help quite the noise though

det_riot

Reaction score
Sportlines and h&r super sport are close to the same drop which is around 2" in the front and 1.8" in the rear. For a less drastic drop (and saving yourself the cost of camber/caster plates) eibach pro-kit drops the front and rear 1.5". Like what crone said, the Ford Racing Springs have a wide variety of drops. For what you want, the B or C spring should do the trick
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=271
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=272

Crone

Reaction score
I remeber seeing a table with all the different spring rates and types. I'm pretty sure it was in one of the stickies above. Found it, It's a little bit down on the first page, it's a large white chart. It's in READ MUSTANG SUSPENSION AND UPGRADES.

Crone

Reaction score
Yes, they will start off softer and gradually get stiffer. Good for the dd. But they are less predictable in the corners compared to linear springs because of the constant rate, but since it is not a track car, it will not matter for you.

Crone

Reaction score
Yea From the ones I have ridden in, it is a large difference. The car doesn't "wiggle" around when you come out of a corner hard. It really helps with the body roll. It does help with the weight transfer too. Eibach actually has a lowering spring kit made to help your launch, It's called the drag pack I beleive. It will still lower your car, and I'm sure help in the corners too.

OP
OP

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
ok well i got a friend who runs a speed shop around here getting the eibach pro-kit for 220 ish no tax so ima go ahead and order them in the next few weeks. i think ima run them w/o the iso's. i heard there wont be any noise. is that true?

Crone

Reaction score
You will probaly want to think about some caster camber plates for those too to keep the alignement in check.. And maybe shocks and struts? They will deffinatly help you get the full potential out of the eibach's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online