Street/Strip Questions

Inspector13

Reaction score
I have been looking at the Maximum Motorsports Street/Strip kit online and was wondering if anyone on here has that kit or any knowlage about it. I wanna know how good it is on the street. What is it's road maners like, and if it makes even the slightest of corners turn into a "pucker" moment.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Questions

i didnt buy a "kit" built my own with no maximum motorsports parts and mine handles fine... but im sure someone will chime in shortly

ReplicaR

Reaction score

Looks like a pretty mild kit to be honest. H&R sport springs are fairly soft (maybe 50% stiffer at full compression), and Tokico D-spec shocks will be something along the lines of OEM Bullitt or Mach I. It should still hold the road fine, and ride well. If you want some comparison, go drive either of the cars I've mentioned prior.

OP
OP
I

Inspector13

Reaction score

Hmmm . . . so it is more or less a street setup. I'm looking for an actual street/drag setup. A friend of mine used to have a Bullitt and it cornered well but I'm not worried about cornering just so long as I don't have to take 45 mph corners at 30 mph. I'm more interested in good weight transfer and hooking up out of the hole but still be able to have some what close to stock handling characteristics.

I used to have a full drag suspension setup that I put together on a '74 Chevy Nova Custom and loved how it hooked but hated how it rode and handled. I'd have to slow ridiculously down for almost every corner that was more then a mere kink in the road.

Anyone have any suggestions on springs, shocks/struts, and lower control arms (I like MM torque arm setup)?? I already have sub-frame connectors. Are the Eibach Drag Launch springs any good??

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Talk to duff daddy or ryclef331. Both of them are drag guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online