Lower Control Arms

cntchds

Reaction score
So I have a pretty good suspension going on so far. HP Tokicos all around. Mach 1 springs. Soon to be a Watts Link in the rear. I'm wondering what lower control arms to put in though. I know that adjustables are nice for doing corner weights and such, but I'm not really that particular just yet.

What I'm really worried about is bushing selection. There are just so many options, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to buy. The Watts has spherical bushings, but I don't know if I will want something that harsh in my control arms.

The car has never seen the track, and as much as I would like it to get there eventually, it will not see much of it if it ever does at all. I just like carving corners on a couple of twisty back roads.

Thanks guys.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Whatever the standard control arms Maximum Motorsports makes, you can get those. It's a good product, works for me both on the street and at the track. Don't waste your money on the control arms with height adjusters. It's true that you can corner balance your car with those, but to do it right, you need front adjustable coilovers as well.

username182

Reaction score
I went with J&M LCA's. They have a nice spherical bushing on both sides which allow better movement than regular 2-piece poly bushings.

http://www.lmperformance.com/18771/50.html

The quality is really really nice. I've had them on for about a month now and I'm really happy with them. Definitely worth the $160 shipped.

Crone

Reaction score
Wow those look pretty nice man, that's a really good price too!

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
username182 said:
I went with J&M LCA's. They have a nice spherical bushing on both sides which allow better movement than regular 2-piece poly bushings.

http://www.lmperformance.com/18771/50.html

The quality is really really nice. I've had them on for about a month now and I'm really happy with them. Definitely worth the $160 shipped.

those look just like MM design

username182

Reaction score
I should clarify..

Not spherical bushings like the MM one's. These are polyurethane ball bushings. Basically little round poly balls that are sandwiched between two other poly bushings.

The MM one's use a true spherical type bushing.

Either way, for the price and the quality, I'm happy with them.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Go to the MM website & read up on the tech articles..very informative & helpful. I am going with one of the MM's models...I like the engineering in them to prevent binding & getting better abetter control with them.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Javi said:
those look just like MM design

That's because they are the same. J&M and MM were partners back in the day, and have equal rights to the design of those control arms as well as MM's adjustables. MM brings in a lot more bacon because of the name, but as far as everyone is concerned, they are the same product. (save for the bushings apparently)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online